codfish

whats up with all these fish up to 50 inches for 2017

91 posts in this topic

These fish seemed to have gone right passed RI!   :banghd:

LOL, complaining is in our blood. I was bitching to someone the other day that there were too many 60s around. The Apocalypse is near !

-bd

Are we now complaining about catching big fish?!   :banghd:  Nice fish!!

Yeah, plenty of 50's around, that is until the commercial season starts, and then there's the netters that'll kill many of them as "by-catch" and dump them AFTER they've died.

So, yeah, it'll be just like the 80's.....ONLY WORSE because we should know better!!!

Posted (edited)

I never caught one from the beach, But I will keep trying, also we just measure"normally don't weigh them" take a scale sample and back they go :)

Edited by codfish

Nice work Codfish!

Hope good fishing lasts for you all this season

May be cooler with more rain then last year

Yeah, plenty of 50's around, that is until the commercial season starts, and then there's the netters that'll kill many of them as "by-catch" and dump them AFTER they've died.

So, yeah, it'll be just like the 80's.....ONLY WORSE because we should know better!!!

This is disturbing... And infuriating

Yeah who do these 50 inch striper's think they are? Don't they know they are suppose to be non-existent?? I really hate the big ones.......They say the meat is no good and they are just so hard to reel in and release.......I prefer the lil ones but don't tell anyone I'm catching lil ones coz they are not suppose to exist either...........

this thing made the trip from Chesapeake or even Hudson? I don't believe it. Something is spawning within 50 miles..

Yeah, yeah....But I just wonder how did all these 50 inch fish make it through all these previous commercial seasons to grow large enough to be 50 inches?? Was it magic? God?? or maybe it was obama or trump??? Gotta watch out for those netters....They kill everything but with that in mind how do we have so many 50 inch fish????????

this thing made the trip from Chesapeake or even Hudson? I don't believe it. Something is spawning within 50 miles..

"Sand eel" love the name, your post is food for thought

Guys I didn't catch that lil striper.......Just a pic I pulled from google to make a point in my post........sorry lol