Official: Official 2017 Hat Fling...Sign In Here!

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

So Lucky's had some great Memorial Day weekend deals. Was able to stock up on various Sausages cheap that I froze that will be thawed for the Fling. Also planning on buying some bulk Tri-Tips from Costco and then marinate them with different flavors. Yummm!

What other good eats are you potentially bringing?

So Lucky's had some great Memorial Day weekend deals. Was able to stock up on various Sausages cheap that I froze that will be thawed for the Fling. Also planning on buying some bulk Tri-Tips from Costco and then marinate them with different flavors. Yummm!

What other good eats are you potentially bringing?

I'm not positive I can make it yet, but if I can, i'll plan to bring 5lbs of kalbi marinated short ribs

Met HenryJoe on the beach last week and he invited me to the fling. Looks like a great time and unless something crazy comes up I'll be there. Might even bring some Lamiglas swag for the raffle. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and talking all things fishing!

Just like the Striped Bass I'm native to the East Coast and invasive on the West Coast.

Lamiglas, Inc - Marketing, Brand Manager, Rod Developer, NE Regional Sales Manager

• 3 weeks later...

Okay getting closer to the Fling, figured I would give this a bump up on the new platform. With only 4 weeks to-go figured an update would be nice. Food wise will be bringing assorted sausages, Tri-tips, shrimp all for the grill and will get some other sides as well. Some events to look forward to: Casting Contest for Accuracy, Bust-A-Knot Machine so bring your knot tying skills with you, and of course the free raffle. More details to come as we get closer. Also anyone that can't make it and would still like to contribute to the raffle sent me a PM and will gladly arrange acceptance of your donations. Hope to see you there, should be a good time and who knows maybe the fish will be biting as well. 

SFJerry if you can find "Pack of Trouble" Brewery Variety 12 pk as pictured below (try Walmart) this is the 12 pack I would choose. Why this beer? you ask, well one it has 3 ea x 4 types (Brown Ale, Pale Ale, IPA & White Belgian) so a beer for every type of beer drinker, the name implies the company we will have & the most important part, the cans from a distance appear to be off brand Sodas and not alcoholic beverages, which hopefully will keep "the local smoky's" from giving our pack of fisherman any trouble. Thanks and look forward to seeing you all there in a few weeks.

Image result for pack of trouble variety pack

40 minutes ago, SFJerry said:

You got it, Linesideguy!  I wasn't sure of all the legalities, but do agree that those cans look like they could sit alongside with cans of Hawaiian Punch.  Good call!

Drinking is not condoned, but highly plausible. :angel:  Getting together, eating, sharing knowledge, stories and having a good time is guaranteed.