Van Staal Handle Fell Off

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone. Looking for some help with my first Van Staal. The handle fell off due to a monster bluefish. Is this something that has to be sent back to the manufacturer or is it an easy repair. Its a VR200 that has been used 5 times.\

post-74058-0-30236800-1494636076.jpg

Never dreampt that could happen, thats disgraceful. I'd get that returned and repaired or replaced and then I'd sell it and take my losses, just can't accept paying a premium and getting something either defective or inferior. I could never feel confident in that reel again.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

And stuff like this is why I waits to get new latest and greatest... I've been the guine pig to many times and have enough paper weights.. return that bad boy... get new one .. flip it and buy a gently used vs... your welcome

I'm very curious exactly how happend... it can't unthread so it must of pulled straight out the threads??? Do the threads on the side cover or body look efffed up ?? I'm imaging they gotta be.. some closer pics would be nice

Edited by Wire For Fire

I ended up sending a pic to van staal and they said to send it back to them. It can be put back on easily I've learned but I have more confidence in my other cheaper $150 reels then this particular $700 reel. Sucks that it fell apart on me on the best bluefish bite I've ever been on. Be a great commercial for another reel company to get a video of me walking all the way back on the beach with a bluefish on and my shiny new van staal handle in my hand while I haul the line in with my hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...