What reel to pair with BL7030?

Rate this topic

Dah seee

Why not rinse a reel? You pay good money for it so why not make it last.It seems like a badge of courage or something to be proud of to not rinse it.It takes less then 5 minutes.Imagine not washing your car for a year? 

Every day I come home I take all my rods and reels in teh shwoer. Except spinning reels, because that wrecks every spinning reel I've ever had, from cheap $30 ****mano's and Stradics, to mid level priced Diawas. WHen you actually go fishing all the time, the only way to keep stuff from getting wrecked it to take it apart. The higher the tolereanc,e the less they seem to last. Penns, Newell's - I can't believe the amount of abuse they take without ever being taken off teh boat for years.

Imagine driving your into manhattan every day for 5 years, and taking maintenance advice from someone who keeps their car in teh garage for all but WEdnesday Car shows during the summer.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2017 at 2:27 PM, Billy 40 said:

Every day I come home I take all my rods and reels in teh shwoer. Except spinning reels, because that wrecks every spinning reel I've ever had, from cheap $30 ****mano's and Stradics, to mid level priced Diawas. WHen you actually go fishing all the time, the only way to keep stuff from getting wrecked it to take it apart. The higher the tolereanc,e the less they seem to last. Penns, Newell's - I can't believe the amount of abuse they take without ever being taken off teh boat for years.

Imagine driving your into manhattan every day for 5 years, and taking maintenance advice from someone who keeps their car in teh garage for all but WEdnesday Car shows during the summer.

That’s funny I used to do the same exact thing. I would put my rods and reels in the shower with me then the reels would get taken apart and cleaned after almost every trip. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 11:31 AM, diklarsen said:

And avets have no place in bottom fishing.

this is hilarious - all I use for bottom fishing for the past 18 years is Avets. Being a lefty it was avet or accurate for a convetional I have both like the avets better. For people who never fished star drags lever drags do just fine. 

5 hours ago, blacklabnh said:

this is hilarious - all I use for bottom fishing for the past 18 years is Avets. Being a lefty it was avet or accurate for a convetional I have both like the avets better. For people who never fished star drags lever drags do just fine. 

Sounds like u have gone thru 18 sets of bearings.  

I DONT KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS BUT AFTER ALL THIS TIME ................. IM STILL KIND OF A BIG DEAL.