Trainman327

Snakeheads

84 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pylodictis said:

Like I said, "Your points and arguments become weaker and weaker as you have brought complete discredit to your stance and view points the more you have talked. I got you where I wanted you and you wholeheartedly complied, that is good enough. ".

 

Tell me, what more is there to be said by me?

That psychological BS doesn't work on me.  I ignore personal attacks.  I ignore leading questions.

 

If you want to state facts, go ahead.  We are waiting.

 

Read post #69 for facts.  Those are the premise for my stance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, reflection said:

That psychological BS doesn't work on me.  I ignore personal attacks.  I ignore leading questions.

 

If you want to state facts, go ahead.  We are waiting.

 

Read post #69 for facts.  Those are the premise for my stance.

 

There are no personal attacks, I am just stating fact. Big difference.

 

It is obvious that you intend to bring nothing to this site, forum, or thread other the argument for argument sake.

 

And you still are avoiding every question I have posed.

Edited by Pylodictis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The facts that I listed are in post #69 for all to see.

 

You are entitled to your personal opinion (and so am I) but that doesn't change the facts.  So what are you arguing about?  Geeze

Edited by reflection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After they stock the Alleghaney...could they stock some local NJ lakes.....I'd gladly replace largemouth with snakeheads!!!

Hell stock all the trophy trout lakes with em!!!!

 

That said...nobody knows accurately how they effect the ecosystems they've been introduced to.

 

Are they agressive...sure...Do they tear up fish tanks...absolutely.

 

Do they decimate bass populations....Not that I can tell.  But bass guys swear Muskies kill all their bass too!   TO the extent guys shoot em on some lakes at night.

 

I understand what both of you guys are saying.   

 

Both of your arguments seem specutlative.  BUt the fact is.  They are here...and they are not going anywhere anytime soon.   I hear they taste great....I've chosen to release those that I've caught...and plan to do so in the future.

 

How bout stock em in carp infested lakes.   See if they eat them!

 

Sucks that we got the brown snakeheads and not the Beautiful and huge black blue and white ones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, reflection said:

The facts that I listed are in post #69 for all to see.

 

You are entitled to your personal opinion (and so am I) but that doesn't change the facts.  So what are you arguing about?  Geeze

I think the only facts are that they are non native....agressive....and like makin babies

 

Other than that....anyone can do whatever they want with them......catch & release or grill and release.

 

I have not heard of any negative impacts of them....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice fish scoobydoo.  I'm going bluefin tuna fishing next week off of Gloucester  (After they remove the temporary stop).  Hope I catch one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

After they stock the Alleghaney...could they stock some local NJ lakes.....I'd gladly replace largemouth with snakeheads!!!

Hell stock all the trophy trout lakes with em!!!!

 

That said...nobody knows accurately how they effect the ecosystems they've been introduced to.

 

Are they agressive...sure...Do they tear up fish tanks...absolutely.

 

Do they decimate bass populations....Not that I can tell.  But bass guys swear Muskies kill all their bass too!   TO the extent guys shoot em on some lakes at night.

 

I understand what both of you guys are saying.   

 

Both of your arguments seem specutlative.  BUt the fact is.  They are here...and they are not going anywhere anytime soon.   I hear they taste great....I've chosen to release those that I've caught...and plan to do so in the future.

 

How bout stock em in carp infested lakes.   See if they eat them!

 

Sucks that we got the brown snakeheads and not the Beautiful and huge black blue and white ones.

 

Good point and you are correct in saying that even my stance is speculative, I like to speculate that most concerns are way over hyped especially in the case on the snake head. Subjectively and objectively, I just haven't seen anything to suggest that they currently or will eventually pose a significant threat to ecosystems that they have been introduced into. The peer reviewed articles I have read seem to suggest this, but the researchers do always add that (just like you said) the true impact they will have in the Chesapeake tidal waters is not fully understood at this point.  

 

I also just like to take the stance that the worst thing that could happen is that in 50 years our grand kids will be going to snake head tournaments just like people go to see walleye and bass tournaments now. They are definitely an incredible fish that deserves more then to be immediately put on the list for species deserving of persecution, but should be recognized as an incredible sporting opportunity just as peacock bass, lmb, musky, etc... have in locations where they have been introduced.

 

I think we, as humans, like to have different creatures that we like to apply a boogy man title too. The alligator gar suffered from this kind of label and was persecuted even though it was a native fish. Could you imagine being able to take a trip to the upper Ohio and try catching those massive fish on a fly rod if they had not been pushed to extinction due to the over hyping of the threat they posed to other game fish? 

 

Snake heads should be enjoyed.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Heard from a friend there are now several varieties of snakeheads in the tribs off the Rapp.  One from South America.

Edited by JaseB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, JaseB said:

Heard from a friend there are now several varieties of snakeheads in the tribs off the Rapp.  One from South America.

 

That is odd as there are no snakeheads that are native to South America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.