DO NOT DEAL WITH RENLEN

He is a thief who has been removed from this site seven different times. I'm going to make a PSA here with all the various email addresses and usernames I've been able to associate with this person in their seven different attempts to participate (and steal) here. It's a work in progress, I'm going to share EVERYTHING I can find - including any names AND addresses I can find associated with these accounts.

Again, this guy is a thief - no question about it. He bought a gift certificate from Tackle Direct with a stolen credit card - and then tried to sell the canceled gift certificate here to TWO different people. That was under username "wakoo". Do not buy or sell or deal with him - here or anywhere else. These are the email addresses I've associated with this thief so far:

***To the best of my knowledge he has NOT successfully stolen anything from anyone here, but it's not for a lack of trying.

****If for some odd reason an email address ended up on this list and it doesn't belong here - you have my apologies, I have attempted to confirm that each of these has been associated directly with this thief. If there is a mistake, I apologize, shoot me an email and we can figure it out.

I have his phone number as well...if he registers here again, I assure you, I will share his phone number and every best guess I have at his real name and address :wave:

dblake580@yahoo.com
bradbecker2211@yahoo.com
dayson12t@outlook.com
ray12d@hotmail.com
bally1212k@hotmail.com
timd21d@outlook.com
hwp21gd@hotmail.com
dblake580@yahoo.com
steve2121r@hotmail.com
steve21tg@hotmail.com

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I temporarily hid this thread, thought I made a mistake...and then found more evidence - even as "renlen" he was trying to sell fraudulent gift certificates via PM to people :squid:

I sincerely hope nobody got burned by this guy. I'm going through the PMs he sent - his MO was to meet people at the Freehold Mall - never his house. He doesn't give people his phone number, even when they ask - he doesn't use ANY name in his PMs. He's not new at this, lol.  I'm going to continue to build a profile on this guy and will share everything relevant that I find in this thread - hopefully he won't be able to steal from fishermen anywhere :squid:

***It does appear that some folks may have done business with him - if anyone has met him, face to face, please send me a PM - these are the various username he has used here:

*some of them were caught and removed before they made a single post -  I think three or four have actually made deals with folks here - if you have MET any of these members or have information about them - names they've used, phone numbers they've given you - PM me, I will keep your identity 100% private :wave:

renlen

striker216 
sonicpp
raz5
roga2
davo1
rblink

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

This just keeps getting better - I'm not sharing his phone number yet, just believe me when I assure it's the same in all these messages :laugh:

sounds good 908 420 **** - steve

- that's a PM he sent as 'wakoo'

My name is Jay and I would be down to fish whenever the hell you want man we just got to wait for the stripers to hopefully show up early this spring. My number is 908-420-****

- this was sent as 'renlen'

name is ben 908-420-****

- this was sent as 'wakoo'

i'll tell you what technique and lures were working my name is ben 908-420-****

- sent as 'roga2'

Would you be willing to meet tomorrow? My number is 908-420-**** Steve

- sent as 'wakoo'

thanks a lot appreicate it my name is brandon my number is 908-420-****

- sent as 'roga2'

The reason why Im selling it is I now work 2 jobs so I dont have anytime to fish anymore. Call me after the eagles game if you want 908-420-**** - Jon

- sent as 'roga2'

I can meet you at the cherry hill mall hows that? my phone number is 908-420-**** - jon

- sent as 'roga2'

So we have 'roga2', 'wakoo' and 'renlen' - all using the same cell phone number - and telling folks whom they give their number to that their name is...are you read? Jon - Brandon - Steve - Ben - and Jay

I guess if I called his number, no matter what name I asked for he's answer, "yea, hi, this is Ben/Jay/Jon/Brandon/Steve" :freak:

This is turning into a thread that might belong in the Tavern if it gets any stranger :o

For the record, lest anyone think I'm snooping through anyone's PMs - I'm searching the database for things I've put together from his various registrations here. When I searched for the phone number he sent one member here it turned up the results I just shared above - same number, three different username and he gave folks FIVE different names. 

TimS

Tim,

Appreciate you running a tight ship and even the occassional bark I get from an admin :). It's your site and many,many fine folks that post and share knowledge. Even if you have to look at PM's so what? No one should be posting state secrets and if it helps you catch a thief or cull an "unwanted" so be it. Thanks for running a fine site and which helps to give me a little stress relief and diversion throughout a long work week!

HT

Edited by HillTop

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

Tim,

Appreciate you running a tight ship and even the occassional bark I get from an admin :). It's your site and many,many fine folks that post and share knowledge. Even if you have to look at PM's so what? No one should be posting state secrets and if it helps you catch a thief or cull an "unwanted" so be it. Thanks for running a fine site and which helps to give me a little stress relief and diversion throughout a long work week!

HT

I appreciate your understanding :) However, I gave folks my word many years ago that their PMs were absolutely private - and I explained the ONE time that I would EVER have reason to look at any PMs was in the case of someone reporting another for violating the rules (or the law). That remains the only time that I will look through the database for specific terms used by a specific member.

I realize there are no state secrets being shared, but privacy is something I have always and will always respect for folks that follow the rules :)

TimS

I finally understand just a small part of why you have so much less time for fishing!

Yup, back when there were a couple thousand members I had plenty of time...once we reached the 50, 60, 75 thousand mark...not so much :o

TimS

Once you release the telephone numbers I'll be happy to do my part calling at various hours for weeks on end...... late,  early, lunch time, 4 Pm, 5:00 am etc

Thanks for keeping an eye out for this low life scum

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great if there was some sort of list of all the guys who screwed honest members. This type of thing doesn't happen all the time It when it does it sucks. This would possibly limit the damage 1 guy or 1 name can don

We have a better solution to minimize any possible problems - we remove them. There's no reason to warn people about someone that cannot use this forum :)

TimS