Asparagus

Onions

Scallions

Horseradish

Yellow and green squash

Yukon gold potatoes

Sweet potatoes

More to come probably

Oh you bet your bottom I'll be staggering.  When I was a wee lad there was a family member over in Jackson that had a farm and grew acres of silver queen, we'd pick and eat for a few weeks because they staggered.  It's still a short window but I do remember having it for about a month.  

Back in my farm working days, Silver Queen was the last corn that my boss planted and harvested. Usually wouldn't start picking it until like the 2nd week of August. All of the old people would pester us about it, saying i can't wait until the silver queen is out and blah blah blah. Before that was mainly sweet argent, which is actually pretty good. For us Broccoli, Cauliflower, some peppers, and cucumbers and squash were the early season pickings. After that it was cabbage, a **** load of Tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and whatever was left over. 

Cleaned out and weeded three asparagus beds, mulched it up and will reapply after it sits in a big black contractor's bag in the sun for a few days to kill any living plants.

The cabbage that I put in too late last fall made it through. As soon as it warms up, it should take off.  Same for Arugula, Kale and Dry Land Cress, think I'll have Cress within a week or two.

All of Jon's garlic came up, about 4" high now, can't wait.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

I could use some more shorts for my pepper plants.

Jeeze, what a great idea, I have some kicking around :th:

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace