20 replies to this topic

#1 pete28

pete28

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:18 PM

just wondering if you think that nationality has a lot to do with the way you act or not. What i mean is like if your italian are you a pasta eater or if your irish are you drinking all the time. how much does your nationality inlfuence your life. Not trying to make this a stereotype question just wondering

#2 TLDig

TLDig

Way too many!

• Site-Wide Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,962 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:23 PM

according to my nutritionist, your heritage has a lot to do with many things.... most people with wheat gluten allergies, for instance, crave it.

and it's possible that things like addictions to alcohol or drugs is also passed down because of our heritage... they say that it runs in families... i was told that because i was german, irish and cherokee, i shouldn't drink... because i'm more likely to develop an addiction. is this racial profiling or are we too PC and is there some truth to it?
Ack. Foo.
I want to die from a good old fashioned case of living.

#3 TLDig

TLDig

Way too many!

• Site-Wide Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,962 posts

according to my nutritionist, your heritage has a lot to do with many things.... most people with wheat gluten allergies, for instance, crave it.

and it's possible that things like addictions to alcohol or drugs is also passed down because of our heritage... they say that it runs in families... i was told that because i was german, irish and cherokee, i shouldn't drink... because i'm more likely to develop an addiction. is this racial profiling or are we too PC and is there some truth to it?
Ack. Foo.

#4 TLDig

TLDig

Way too many!

• Site-Wide Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,962 posts

Ack. Foo.

#5 Homerisadope

Homerisadope

Way too many!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,940 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:28 PM

My Italian heritage makes me incoherent on cold winter days when I have to keep both hands in my pockets. My English heritage makes me step out of the shower to urinate. My Irish heritage keeps me in the shower to urinate - eliminating the ocean of booze it takes me to stomach the fact that there's an Englishman and Eye-talian in the family.
FY, WE HAVE A SQUID!!!!

#6 fish'nmagician

fish'nmagician

Way too many!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136,045 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:30 PM

I've often heard the cherokee tend to repeat themselves,
but I don't believe it.
Eggy 10-13
LAA 7-14
50-50 2-15

#7 Gamakatsu

Gamakatsu

Way too many!

• Moderators
  • 35,280 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:33 PM

Russians are terrible house keepers. Everyone on the Russian side of my family has house that's a friggin mess.

#8 Little

Little

Way too many!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,874 posts
  • LocationNa Hampsha

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:36 PM

Your question is being stigmatized as racist even as we speak! Of course it does. Heritage and culture will always help define people.

#9 pete28

pete28

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:55 PM

No offense to anyone i just wanted to see what people thought that was all. Im english italian and swedish, and i have some very characteristic vices.

#10 Homerisadope

Homerisadope

Way too many!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,940 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 1:56 PM

You keep a stiff upper lip while eating meatballs?
FY, WE HAVE A SQUID!!!!

#11 spook

spook

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 2:06 PM

"Of course it does. Otherwise how else you gonna know who to vote for." Archie Bunker

#12 spook

spook

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 2:07 PM

Sorry double post

#13 Brian

Brian

Way too many!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,459 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 2:27 PM

I'm English and my wife's Irish- her quick temper and my slow-burning temper can never get along; by the time she's finishing the fight, I'm just getting started!
A whiter shade of pale....

#14 Don E

Don E

Elite Member

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 2:32 PM

sure it does, my english side loves to fly the jack and remind my mic side who their daddy is, has always been and always will be...the mic part always wants me to start drinking at breakfast time...my italian side makes me a happy drunk, which sometimes causes conflict with the nasty drunk mic side...add in the welsh side which makes me stubborn and not open to advice good or bad, and there ya go....one happy american

#15 JAG

JAG

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 2:55 PM

Environment plays more of a role than national heritage.

M2c.