Belmo

Looking to Trade for Big Wood

31 posts in this topic

I keep forgetting to take a picture, so here's a video of a Penn Slammer 560 I purloined from the interwebs. It gives you a pretty good indication of the size (the one I have is not a liveliner, like this one, but it's the same size. And you can ignore the part about the defect :D): 

Posted (edited)

I also have a couple of Slammer 460s, like the one in the video below. It's slightly smaller than the 560: I think they have the same body, but the difference is that the 460 spool is a bit smaller, and this results in a reel that's a little lighter. I've found the 460 to be big enough (line capacity) to be a surf-worthy reel. 

Edited by Belmo

Also, PM me your address: I'll get the brass inserts in the mail to you tomorrow. Thanks! 

I bought the inserts last night at Lowe's. Ill send address soon.

Got the blanks made up. Tonight I'll put the inserts and start finishing them.

Have to run to work. Will watch the videos tonight.

post-71846-0-18091600-1484923080.jpg

The 560 looks good. I looked up the specs. My boy will be happy with that. His reels are all very small. He doesn't have a proper strper reel. I think this will fill the bill pretty well.

Glad you like the blanks. Should be ready before next weekend.

Danny, darter, bottle, popper, pencil popper. All primed. Quick sanding and they're ready for paint. I threw one more in the mix. I figured it couldn't hurt.

By the way, you first mentioned you'd take dozens if possible. How many taps does your brother have? Or they'll be rotated? Just curious.

post-71846-0-51432100-1485186138.jpg

I had some time so I painted them. I hope it's satisfactory. I'll epoxy them in a day or 2 and should have them in the nail before the end of the week.

post-71846-0-60973200-1485199569.jpg

LOL I have plastic eyes for 2 of them and I planned to paint eyes on the rest but I did a half assed job of it on the first one so I'm going to leave the other 2 eyeless. I need a bigger variety of the plastic ones. It would look kind of dumb if all of them had the same eyes.

Finally completed this transaction after 5 months (through no fault of Belmo). We settled on a new tsunami shield reel in trade for the beer taps and a couple of homemade plugs. Came in the mail today. Thanks a million! My 15 yo son is going to love this reel.