allen sklar

Random Image Thread 2017

659 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm developing a tickle in the back of my throat...might not be able to work for a couple days...

Yeah man!!!nice going! That takes me back...10 years ago this month i caught one that with the formula put it at 62.5 lbs. D-man got the call close to midnite to do the math. The friend that was there with me that night kept screaming at me"That's a fish of a lifetime"! He was right. His health took a turn for the worse not long after that night and he's hospitalized to this day. His memory from not long after that is gone.  Every time i visit him,the 1st thing he says to me is "What were the measurements of that fish"? and i tell him. 2nd thing he says is"Fish of a lifetime"!  Every time i drum fish i think about him and if i will ever have a shot at one like that again.  Again congrats!,if you're like me you'll never forget that day...

16 hours ago, modelcitizen said:

Yeah man!!!nice going! That takes me back...10 years ago this month i caught one that with the formula put it at 62.5 lbs. D-man got the call close to midnite to do the math. The friend that was there with me that night kept screaming at me"That's a fish of a lifetime"! He was right. His health took a turn for the worse not long after that night and he's hospitalized to this day. His memory from not long after that is gone.  Every time i visit him,the 1st thing he says to me is "What were the measurements of that fish"? and i tell him. 2nd thing he says is"Fish of a lifetime"!  Every time i drum fish i think about him and if i will ever have a shot at one like that again.  Again congrats!,if you're like me you'll never forget that day...

Thanks.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  It's good of you to visit him and talk about a memory like that.  I'm sure he appreciates it greatly.  :th:

Yes, that day will be one I remember forever.  2 double headers, one beast, lots of big whiting, all shared with my daughter and Marcus.  I have a pretty cool picture I'll put up when I'm sitting at the right computer that sums up the day.  

BTW, I wanted to thank another SOLer for his help with that fish.  I'm sorry that I don't remember his handle, but I'm sure he knows what I'm saying.  Without his help I probably lose that fish.  

Thank you!

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, modelcitizen said:

I can feel his spirit everytime I go out there.

Posted (edited)

Nice sentiment Erik. I cannot drive over that bridge at 1st light without stopping at the top to take in the view,and think of him. I didn't go there to fish  for some time til i worked out the guilt i felt going out there without him...Once with no one around,got out of truck and took a 360 panoramic series of pics of that view. Have taken pics of several of you that know him. All are on a wall in his room along with rigged 2pc 1pc rod with one of those yellow nautils he used with it...

Edited by modelcitizen
spelling