allen sklar

Random Image Thread 2017

671 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok,Ok I'm a little late with the thread, getting as bad as Marcus with the fishing reports! Here's the place for your photos, hopefully more fishing ones this year. No internet imports please this is for OUR photos that's what makes it different! I'll start the thread with a new Years day image from Assateague Island.

post-2389-0-61328700-1483458836.jpg

Edited by allen sklar

Allen just another awesome photo.  Expect nothing less.  You need to be working for Nat Geo

Allen just another awesome photo.  Expect nothing less.  You need to be working for Nat Geo

x2 Dave..

got incredibly lucky yesterday found my owl sitting on the edge of the berm at low tide. Eased my truck down to the water, sun in the birds eyes he didn't even give me a glance (well hardly)....watched him from a few feet away for an hour, he pruned feathers, puked a pellet, strutted around, fluffed feathers, groomed food from his face and talons, scratched feather mites and generally did everything I wanted him to do and never flew....left him sitting there....never have another experience like that again.

post-2389-0-70189800-1483703160.jpg

post-2389-0-12229400-1483703217.jpg

post-2389-0-47980500-1483703240.jpg

got incredibly lucky yesterday found my owl sitting on the edge of the berm at low tide. Eased my truck down to the water, sun in the birds eyes he didn't even give me a glance (well hardly)....watched him from a few feet away for an hour, he pruned feathers, puked a pellet, strutted around, fluffed feathers, groomed food from his face and talons, scratched feather mites and generally did everything I wanted him to do and never flew....left him sitting there....never have another experience like that again.

attachicon.gifADS_7093c.jpg

attachicon.gifADS_7142c.jpg

attachicon.gifADS_7053c.jpg

You've Outdone yourself Allen . Good Stuff !!

As usual.....amazing pictures. Any chance you poke around the pellet, wonder what they're eating?....imagine rabbits and mice? 

Allen, in all you time on AI have you ever seen a coyote? I know there are on the mainland, curious about AI

I didn't get to examine the pellet as the bird never flew from the spot. In the past the pellets are usually full of duck feathers and bones.

Nice work Allen. Shared this with my girls and they were out of their minds! Thanks.

AI will be amazing when Helena clears out! Can't wait to see a snow covered costal picture. Stay safe guys