bonefishdick

2017 All Things Fly Photo thread

961 posts in this topic

Very nice, tomkaz.  I admire your willingness to go and try in those conditions.  I have hunted deer many times in bitter cold, but fishing in those conditions is tougher.

Fingers and toes are the tough part, everything else stayed warm. Handle line, fish, iced guides and your fingers get wet & cold. Far worse for my guide than me, not sure how he could do it. Toes were good until later in the day when the hot-foot heater ran out of oxygen to process deep inside the waders.

From my adventure on Saturday. 4 degrees warmed up to 10-12 by mid-afternoon. Hit the river at 11:30 and midges came out at 11:45 and I cast to rising browns for next four hours. Frackin size 26 dries in tandem - see a rise near your tippet , set the hook. Landed ~20 and snapped off half that with too much set for 6.5X tippet. Great day, once my toes regained feeling.attachicon.gifIMG_1909.JPG

I missed this - very impressive, well done

There was a recent thread about sharks in shallow water off the New England beaches.....something about Mike Oliver looking like a seal in his wetsuit.  I knew I had a good shark photo but couldn't find it until this morning; this is for the flats fishermen among us.

413080076.jpg

There was a recent thread about sharks in shallow water off the New England beaches.....something about Mike Oliver looking like a seal in his wetsuit.  I knew I had a good shark photo but couldn't find it until this morning; this is for the flats fishermen among us.

413080076.jpg

very cool photo....

Posted (edited)

First smelt eating salty bull of the season.

Fins are a bit beat up from spawning and looks like it had a encounter with a seal.

SF

post-20771-0-52197900-1484522808.jpeg

Edited by Stonefish

First smelt eating salty bull of the season.

Fins are a bit beat up from spawning and looks like it had a encounter with a seal.

SF

Cool.