A Public Service Message For The Enfield Forum

Rate this topic

fishweewee

We go to the gun store in Miami a week after Broward County blamed you me and everyone else for the actions of a nut (which they were well aware of, but hey don't spoil the narrative).

The store - which we frequent was loaded with women and their beta-hipster boyfriends. Looks like the virtue signalling politicos botched the message.

Women and hipsters are not supposed to have interest in owning a firearm. But I digress.

Then I saw Her...

A thing of israeli beauty ... dressed in the most exquisite tacticool dino-skin pattern cerakote.

I was in love... and then My wife points to it as I sat there drooling.

"What is that and how much?" she says.

But I saw it first!

We took it home immediately. She likes it better than the M&P Sport.

Its very sexy with tan pro-mag thirty but a drum magazine would be too much for me to handle.

If they only made this in 7.62x39...

20180303_140049.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In February I had the opportunity to head to NJ and do a little shooting with @JBreese1 and daughter - never been shooting in NJ before.  Was great to finally meet Jim (=good peeps!) and his very nice family.  I wish I could have spent a little more time with them but I had to rush home to attend a dinner hosted by our state 2A organization.

Dinner started off uneventfully enough.  Food was actually better than the usual rubber chicken.  Said hi to a bunch of my buddies.  Was a little mellowed out by driving and shooting.

My dinner mate nudged me as an older gentleman came by to sit down at our table.  

He said "Hey ... weewee ... look - I think that's Bill Petit."

I was like "No way!  What's he doing here?!!!"

And then as it dawned on me who this friendly stranger was, I recollected what this man went through.

The emotions of horror, pain, rage, and loss hit me like a shot to the gut.

Nothing like what he went through.

It was a really somber moment ... for me.  I couldn't do or say anything for a while after that. The encounter really affected me for days afterwards.  I don't know why.

If you want to read through what Dr. William Petit survived in 2007, the account is right here - you may remember the story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

Dr. Petit has moved on to pick up the pieces of his life.  Re-married and had a baby I think.

I don't dare pretend for a moment that he was the man he once was.  I don't know him.  He strikes me as a VERY friendly gentle soul, a guy you could easily have a beer and a conversation with.

He's now an elected state rep.  

He's also very pro-2A. 

I just wish he didn't have to go through that heart-wrenching pain and loss to come to that belief (I would have lost my mind).

A friend of mine remarked "Well...there's no better testament to 'You are on your own' than him."  This statement rings so true.

Always cherish and zealously protect your 2A rights. 

Bad things can happen to good people.

pic I snapped at dinner:

VwSRZO5.jpg

Edited by fishweewee

21 hours ago, fishweewee said:

In February I had the opportunity to head to NJ and do a little shooting with @JBreese1 and daughter - never been shooting in NJ before.  Was great to finally meet Jim (=good peeps!) and his very nice family.  I wish I could have spent a little more time with them but I had to rush home to attend a dinner hosted by our state 2A organization.

Dinner started off uneventfully enough.  Food was actually better than the usual rubber chicken.  Said hi to a bunch of my buddies.  Was a little mellowed out by driving and shooting.

My dinner mate nudged me as an older gentleman came by to sit down at our table.  

He said "Hey ... weewee ... look - I think that's Bill Petit."

I was like "No way!  What's he doing here?!!!"

And then as it dawned on me who this friendly stranger was, I recollected what this man went through.

The emotions of horror, pain, rage, and loss hit me like a shot to the gut.

Nothing like what he went through.

It was a really somber moment ... for me.  I couldn't do or say anything for a while after that. The encounter really affected me for days afterwards.  I don't know why.

If you want to read through what Dr. William Petit survived in 2007, the account is right here - you may remember the story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

Dr. Petit has moved on to pick up the pieces of his life.  Re-married and had a baby I think.

I don't dare pretend for a moment that he was the man he once was.  I don't know him.  He strikes me as a VERY friendly gentle soul, a guy you could easily have a beer and a conversation with.

He's now an elected state rep.  

He's also very pro-2A. 

I just wish he didn't have to go through that heart-wrenching pain and loss to come to that belief (I would have lost my mind).

A friend of mine remarked "Well...there's no better testament to 'You are on your own' than him."  This statement rings so true.

Always cherish and zealously protect your 2A rights. 

Bad things can happen to good people.

pic I snapped at dinner:

VwSRZO5.jpg

+2 thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Did you know the federal government has already done a study on this and came to a conclusion?

I didn't.

For some of us, the party has already started.

This is a very thought-provoking watch.  About an hour long.

It's here in the Enfield forum, because, well, Enfields are Liberty's Teeth.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get this party started.

Boogalooo!

https://prepforthat.com/oregon-militias-vow-to-fight-state-democrats-at-any-cost/

Militias Vow To Fight Oregon Democrats ‘At Any Cost,’ Gov. Calls Police To Arms

Jim Satney June 23, 2019

here is no doubt that the political climate is seething with animosity on both sides of the aisle. For many, the concept of a civil war in the United States feels mostly that of conspiracy theory. However, glimmers of potential first shots are becoming more and more frequent.

As was the case in Oregon at the end of last week.

Oregon Governor Kate Brown (D) called the police to arms over Republican lawmakers refusing to show up to a climate change legislation session. Some of the legislators fled to Idaho. Others just refused to attend. Governor Brown said that the constitution allows the state to “compel” absent lawmakers. By “compel,” Brown seems to mean dispatching police to arrest the legislators. Because that’s what happened.

The situation immediately intensified when Republican Brian Boquist (R) told the police to come “heavily armed.”

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

And things got worse from there.

Armed Oregon Militia Groups Vow To Protect Lawmakers With Their Lives

Militia groups, being terms as “right wing” by media outlets, are saying they’re prepared to go to battle to protect the lawmakers.

“We’re doing what we can to make sure that they’re safe and comfortable,” said Eric Parker, the president of militia group Real Three Percenters Idaho, said. He also says that his group is in contact with the lawmakers.

Oregon III%er militia Paul Luhrs stated on Facebook that his group has “vowed to provide security, transportation and refuge for those Senators in need.”

“We will stand together with unwavering resolve, doing whatever it takes to keep these Senators safe,” Luhrs wrote.

The post is now removed without reason given.

Senate Minority Leader Herman Baertschiger, Jr. is refusing to comment on his party’s communications with militia groups. But according to a source speaking with The Daily Beast, dozens of armed militia members are “willing to put their own lives in front of these senators’ lives.”

“All of these people are armed,” the source went on to say.

Of course, this is why every citizen needs to have a SHTF plan. Our society is now one spark away from a raging fire. It only takes one threat, or worse, a single shot, to cause an uprising. At which point, the government is likely to declare martial law. If your plan isn’t in place by then, you’ll be among the human cattle.

While this is a case of diverse opinions over climate change, the same scenario could play out if citizen disarmament gains momentum. Would states call upon police to go door to door and collect guns and ammo?

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/06/oregon-republican-senator-issues-threat-to-state-troopers.html

Oregon Republican senator threatens state troopers, warns them to ‘come heavily armed’

Updated Jun 19, 2019; Posted Jun 19, 2019

By Hillary Borrud | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Tensions were already smoldering in the Oregon Senate Wednesday, when Sen. Brian Boquist, R-Dallas, poured gasoline on the situation, suggesting he would shoot and potentially kill any state trooper sent to haul him unwillingly back to the Capitol.

After Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr. said Tuesday that his caucus was “prepared to take actions” to prevent passage of a major climate change bill, Gov. Brown announced on Wednesday that she was ready to answer Republican stonewalling by calling lawmakers back for a special session.

Brown hinted that she would be willing to send state troopers to round up Republicans if they walk out in the final days of the regular legislative session, saying in a statement that she is “in close communication with Oregon State Police.”

That’s an option Democratic senators and the governor did not use earlier this year, when Senate Republicans first brought the Senate to a standstill by walking out and preventing the necessary quorum.

The governor’s hint that she would consider sending troopers in the event of a second walkout triggered an aggressive response from Boquist, which was captured by a KGW news team at the Capitol.

“This is what I told the superintendent,” Boquist said, referring to OSP Superintendent Travis Hampton. “Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

Oregon state senator @BrianBoquistGOP said if R's walk out to stop a vote on Cap and Trade and

@OregonGovBrown sends state police to bring him back, they should be single and well armed. Your take? pic.twatter.com/Fcu8NXXl8h

— Pat Dooris (@PatDooris) June 19, 2019

A spokeswoman for the Oregon State Police did not respond to an inquiry Wednesday afternoon about whether the agency is investigating Boquist’s threat. Baertschiger’s spokeswoman also did not respond to a request for comment.

Senate President Peter Courtney’s spokeswoman said she might have a comment, but had not responded by 6 p.m.

In an email to The Oregonian/OregonLive Wednesday afternoon, Boquist stuck with his earlier statement and rejected a reporter’s characterization of his threat to troopers as “thinly veiled.”

“Nothing thinly veiled,” Boquist wrote. “I have been in political coup attempts. I have been held hostage overseas. I have been jailed politically overseas … Not going to be arrested as a political prisoner in Oregon period.”

As Willamette Week has reported, Boquist is a U.S. Army veteran whose businesses include military training and an international operation that journalists described in the 1990s as a paramilitary force of armed American and Russian ex-military officers.

Boquist contends that state troopers only have the power to enforce criminal violations and arrest warrants, not to compel absent lawmakers to return to the Capitol during a legislative session.

In recent emails with Boquist, legislative lawyers have provided copies of their earlier legal opinions that the Legislature has the ability under the state Constitution to have a sergeant at arms or — with the governor’s approval – the Oregon State Police arrest absent members in order to compel their attendance at the Capitol.

Boquist, however, chalked up the lawyers’ conclusions in support of the practice as partisan favors to Democrats.

Edited by fishweewee

On 11/22/2016 at 10:06 PM, fishweewee said:

Guys,

I'm not for one minute buying that everything is going to be ok post-election.

As a country, we have quite a few problems we are still facing. 

I'm skeptical the election of one man can reverse decades of malfeasance by our government and our society.

We are a sharply divided nation.  Much of this division was caused by economic calamity, not necessarily political ideology.

I don't want this to be a political thread.

I want to say this.

Don't buy the complacency or the euphoria. 

Be vigilant.

Be contrarian.

Prices on guns, ammo (which Jeff Cooper once called "ballistic wampum") and accessories are dropping like a brick.

NOW is the time to be stocking up ahead of what may be hard times, when at some point it won't matter who's in the White House, Congress, or the Supreme Court.

As always, a right unexercised is a right lost.

Exercise that right and the judicious use of your pocketbook.

Very very important information and facts here for sure !! Nobody is going to protect you and yours like YOU !! We indeed DO live in interesting , Biblical times as no other in OUR countries history! Let history educate you for as they say " history repeats itself ! " !! Stay safe and most important STAY FREE !! 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, captahab416 said:

I love how many people pay 0 attention to history. 

Bad mistake! History should be an education on mistakes and great things done and the many sacrifices that have kept US FREE , for now !! Study , learn , pay attention , and most importantly STAY FREE !! 

• 11 months later...

Well, that escalated slowly.  :laugh:

If I earned a nickel for everytime I made a prediction...

Anyhoo, here's a nicely written screed.

Larry Correia is not exactly a household name, but he's well-known in pro-2A circles online.

And so, for posterity online, this was written in the context of "we've been cooped up with the Wuhan Wheezer for months and now we've got race riots because of police brutality in Minneapolis."  This has been edited for uh, some f-bombs.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/377791/

JUNE 3, 2020

LARRY CORREIA IS LAUGHING AT YOUR BULL$HIT:

A friend of mine posted about seeing this: “Where are all you gun owners now that the federal government and police are attacking citizens in the streets?? Now that the National Guard is out oppressing citizens? I thought this was the moment you’re waiting for? So why aren’t you out there fighting them with your guns? You’re nothing but a bunch of effing cowards!”

My response was the GIF of Nelson Muntz going HA HA.

But I’ve seen this sentiment a lot too over the last few days, so please if you are so incredibly effing dumb that you are actually wondering why America’s gun culture aren’t commuting into the democrat cities you have banned us from in order to get into gun fights with the National Guard on your behalf, allow me to elaborate.

Hypothetical Liberal “Ally” Who Lives in the Suburbs Which Aren’t On Fire – “Hey, gun owners! Here is some civil unrest! Why won’t you come and help us?”

Snort.

Eff off.

“Pu$$ies! Why not?”

Well, every single gun nut in America has spent their entire adult life being continually mocked, insulted, and belittled by the left. You’ve done nothing but paint us as the bad guys.

In Hollywood, we’re always evil, stupid, violent, malicious, redneck, racist, murderers. That’s so ingrained in the liberal religion that when “ally” Harvey Weinstein was trying to get out of being a sleazy rapist, his repentance consisted of promising to make more movies about how the NRA is bad.

In the news, everything is always our fault. If there is a mass murder, we can always count on the vultures to swoop in and blame America’s gun culture. They flog it for weeks on end, 24/7 coverage, hoping for gun control. And if the identity of the shooter doesn’t fit the narrative, it drops off the news in mere hours.

And then at the local, state, and federal level, legally speaking, the left effs us at every opportunity. You ban everything you can get away with. You ban things that literally make no sense. You ban $hit just out of spite.

When we fight back against gun control laws, you declare we are stupid because only the police should have guns (hey, aren’t those the guys you are protesting right now?)

“Stupid racist rednecks! We live in a civilized society! Don’t you realize the police will protect us?” until when your democrat cities are on fire, and you call 911 and the operator tells you sorry, the police can’t come to your house right now, please try not to get murdered… How is that strict gun control working out for you?

Then you did everything in your power to chase gun owners out of your sainted liberal strongholds. You passed laws. You banned everything we like. Forced all the shooting ranges to close. Forced most of the gun stores to close. And just generally let us know that our kind is not welcome there.

But now you’ve started some $hit, YOU want US to go into democrat cities, with democrat mayors, and democrat police chiefs enforcing democrat policies which cause strife among democrats, in order to get into gun fights on your behalf?

How effing gullible do you think we are? Like holy $hit. Damn dude!

Because we all know that literally 30 seconds after a gun nut blows away a government employee on your behalf, then all the national media coverage of the riots will instantly cease (sorta like the Corona Virus coverage did) and it’ll be back to the news breathlessly reporting about right wing extremist gun nuts, and all you useless foks would go back to whining for more dumb a$$ gun control.

You’ve already thrown the black community under the bus, cheering as their neighborhoods get burned and yours are safe. Seriously, white liberals are the $hittiest “allies” in history, and your moral foundation has the consistency of Play-Doh. Your moral compass is a wind sock.

Just a little while ago, gun nuts had a massive peaceful protest in Virginia. Tens of thousands of people turned out to protest gun control proposals from a democrat with a penchant for wearing black face (he still considers himself an “ally” though!) They didn’t break any windows. They didn’t kill any puppies. They didn’t burn any horses. They didn’t flip any police cars or murder any security guards. They were downright boring. They were polite, and even cleaned up their litter.

Except then you called them domestic terrorists, and were super sad that they didn’t get massacred by the government (said government you are now mad at for killing people, because again, you effers ain’t exactly consistent).

Liberal “allies” are quick to call gun nuts the bad guys, but we’re not trying to disarm people. We want everybody to be able to defend themselves. It’s a common thing to see some meme on the internet, showing a black family shooting or posing with their guns, with some caption like “bet this offends the NRA”, which is liberal projection, because in reality in my social circles everybody is like, “eff yeah, good for them”. And the harshest complaints I’ve seen have been about trigger finger discipline or lack of eye protection.

My side isn’t the one that wants the state to have a monopoly on force. We know the 2nd is for everybody, regardless of skin color or where you live. You effers are the ones who keep declaring we can’t fight the government with AR-15s because they have tanks and nukes, but then you bumbling fokheads try it by throwing rocks?

So not only no, but hell no.

Edited by fishweewee