minimum posts to use BST

I've been here a while and the more I look, the more the minimum posts should be 100,  I know this has been discussed before but most problems I see on BST involve newbies in some form.  I don't think it's intentional in most cases but having a better feel for how this site works would go a long way in making posts and transactions smoother.  just my .02 

For some very true, I think just seeing how BST work for a bit longer before they can use wouldn't hurt.

I used to believe the same thing...the people who cause the most problems don't read anything - they wouldn't read anything no matter how long to forced them to wait - they meet whatever minimum requirements you place upon them and then just do whatever they want. They don't feel responsible for anything, if they create a problem it's not their fault. I've seen too many people who start a thread in here, ignoring every rule - and then one rule at a time force me to explain why what they did was wrong. In the end, it's obviously my fault because other sites have different rules...or eBay allows this...or Craig's list...or FB...blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

There are some folks who join, read the rules - AND ASK if they don't understand something :read: It's pretty easy to tell whether someone cares enough to concern themselves with what is/isn't allowed here - the majority of younger, newer folks try to get away with anything they can. I caught someone recently using PMs for EVERYTHING - soliciting, buying, selling, offering to sell stuff they make privately, intentionally ignoring the rules, even pointing out which rules they were breaking in the PMs and explaining to the other person "so please don't say anything" or "now I'll post in your thread so I'm not breaking the rules". When removed them and explained why he had the balls to say "Since this is the first time you caught me can this be a warning?" :eek::b::eek: Ummmm.....no :squid: There's definitely a mentality these days - maybe there always has been - that everything is allowed unless you get caught...that's not how the BST Forum works, it runs based on trust. When you violate that trust, you are done here.

If everyone is not following the rules it is unfair to the good folks who ARE following the rules. That's why folks who knowingly violate the rules don't get warnings when it's clear they knew about the rules, they just didn't think they'd get caught.

That's the long way of getting to the point - requiring more posts isn't gonna change things drastically :o

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

In an effort to not publicly embarrass anyone most of your disciplining is done in the dark.

This is just like Homeland Security dealing with terrorists.

"We can't tell you about the thousands of plots we have foiled".

If your disciplining were carried out in public maybe others who were tempted to fudge the rules would think twice or maybe even read them.

My old theory is if we publicly ATE a few dozen illegals, a whole lot of other illegals would run for the exits. :eek:  :)  :laugh:

BEAVERTON, OR 97006

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand the point of a minimum post count to weed out the undesirables, but in cases like my own where I have over 200 feedback on feebay and am a member at several various forums and just ran into a complete new condition setup I will never use in the NW, I just wanted to post it in the BST for someone on the East Coast that uses this stuff. I'll add my .02 and extensive Salmon fishing knowledge to the West Coast Fishing thread and hopefully meet some new friends along the way

Edited by drpower

I understand the point of a minimum post count to weed out the undesirables, but in cases like my own where I have over 200 feedback on feebay and am a member at several various forums and just ran into a complete new condition setup I will never use in the NW, I just wanted to post it in the BST for someone on the East Coast that uses this stuff. I'll add my .02 and extensive Salmon fishing knowledge to the West Coast Fishing thread and hopefully meet some new friends along the way

Welcome

<p><p><p>Whatever you think is invalid.</p></p></p>

I understand the point of a minimum post count to weed out the undesirables, but in cases like my own where I have over 200 feedback on feebay and am a memeber at several various forums 

This is incorrect - we are not trying to weed out undesirables, we are offering BST Forum access to members that have contributed materially through discussion to this website. It has nothing to do with your character, it doesn't matter if you have a million feedback on any other site and it doesn't matter how many other forums you belong to. It only has to do with this website and the desires of the folks who participate here. It's nothing personal, it's not any type of judgement for or against anyone.

I'm sure you are a perfectly honorable and respectful human being :th: The 15 contribution requirement is a bare minimum of participation to be considered a participating member of this website. The BST Forums are reserved for participating members of this website - please don't look at the minimums as some type of judgement of your character, it has absolutely nothing to do with that :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.