Someone else is stuck. Do you help & if so how?

jjdbike

Came across a lifted Wrangler with full exo cage and 37" tires on SNK buried up to his rear axle the week before last. Guy had not even attempted to use 4wd. I showed him how to air down and dug out his rear wheels (he had no shovel or boards either) and he got out after burning the clutch to all hell. Smelled nasty. Rarely do people truly need a tow. Shovel and boards go a long way. 

The very next day, a lifted Super Duty with again 35-37" tires, in almost the same spot, dug in up to the rear axle, clearly no attempt to use 4wd. Front tires sitting happily on the sand. Three dudes with man buns pushing the tailgate getting showered in sand. 

I think a lifted rig with big tires makes people overly confident. Me in my stock height first gen Tacoma, at 12 PSI I can stick it in first gear (manual trans) and basically idle through anything. 

2 hours ago, capefish4231 said:

Came across a lifted Wrangler with full exo cage and 37" tires on SNK buried up to his rear axle the week before last. Guy had not even attempted to use 4wd. I showed him how to air down and dug out his rear wheels (he had no shovel or boards either) and he got out after burning the clutch to all hell. Smelled nasty. Rarely do people truly need a tow. Shovel and boards go a long way. 

The very next day, a lifted Super Duty with again 35-37" tires, in almost the same spot, dug in up to the rear axle, clearly no attempt to use 4wd. Front tires sitting happily on the sand. Three dudes with man buns pushing the tailgate getting showered in sand. 

I think a lifted rig with big tires makes people overly confident. Me in my stock height first gen Tacoma, at 12 PSI I can stick it in first gear (manual trans) and basically idle through anything. 

A ton of people refuse to air down at SNK.  They don’t want to be bothered with the time to air down/up.  Sounds like they were two of those idiots. 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

A ton of people refuse to air down at SNK.  They don’t want to be bothered with the time to air down/up.  Sounds like they were two of those idiots. 

I am fortunate enough to have a second vehicle so I tend to keep my truck aired down extended periods of time unless I need to go more than 10 miles from home. But even still, my 265/75R16 tires take 40 seconds each to go from 12psi to 40psi. So two whole minutes to air up. Airing down is a whole nother story. I pull the core right out of the valve stem and am down to 12psi in a matter of seconds. 

• 1 month later...

Was at sore thumb on Sunday, on my way out we spotted this crazy dude in an accord trying to go in. My wife said I should flag him down to warn him, I told her he needed to learn the hard and expensive lesson on his own. I am sure this maniac would’ve ignored my advice to turn around anyway. 

03CE0570-32B1-4FDE-B9DD-24F63395794E.jpeg

27 mins ago, TranClanXT said:

Was at sore thumb on Sunday, on my way out we spotted this crazy dude in an accord trying to go in. My wife said I should flag him down to warn him, I told her he needed to learn the hard and expensive lesson on his own. I am sure this maniac would’ve ignored my advice to turn around anyway. 

03CE0570-32B1-4FDE-B9DD-24F63395794E.jpeg

O chit he might have made it over the first couple of bumps.