PM = public message RE:Mullet

Rate this topic

crazybellringer

It can be lights out if your in the right place/right time.  On the non lights out nights I'd still rather be around the mullet and give myself a chance then having nothing around me what so ever. 

It'a always consistent, but  some times it's a short window of opportunity. I don't think it compares to say the fishing in November. 

It can be lights out if your in the right place/right time.  On the non lights out nights I'd still rather be around the mullet and give myself a chance then having nothing around me what so ever. 

It gives guys some confidence that there is food around and something may be lurking for them.  Bass will turn their noses up on those things especially when there's rainfish or spearing which will turn em on.  Mullet are not easy for them to catch.  The stripe mullet that spawn in the backwater reeds late fall is a different story completely.  They go after those things, boy...and always fish in the 15-30 lb class not those MC55ers.   If you see them then you better be ready.

Edited by Fly By Nite

It gives guys some confidence that there is food around and something may be lurking for them.  Bass will turn their noses up on those things especially when there's rainfish or spearing which will turn em on.  Mullet are not easy for them to catch.  The stripe mullet that spawn in the backwater reeds late fall is a different story completely.  They go after those things, boy...and always fish in the 15-30 lb class not those MC55ers.   If you see them then you better be ready.

If I time my outings correctly in the middle of Sept fishing in the back I can find them on the move out in large pods.  My best was an even 50 fish night 2 falls ago under ambient light.  The feeding was an awesome sight to see. The water never boiled but you cld see the endless wave of mullet swimming by thru the light and the bass dart up and pick em off.  Wish I could have shot video of that scene.      

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

It'a always consistent, but  some times it's a short window of opportunity. I don't think it compares to say the fishing in November. 

I couldn't get a hook set on those bombs going off in the bay last september.  Those were big fish.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

They feed on em a lot more in the back than in the front.  I don't bother with them out front.  You can see them generally around the slack tides they leave a V wake on the surface.  The fish wont feed on them until the edges.  usually see spike weakfish right around the same time.  They eat those up too.  Sometimes spearing.  Butterfish.

I like to live-line them out back. I made a basket out of mesh Just for mullet. I'll get about two dozen then take the basket out on my kayak in about 4 to 6 feet of water at night,set the anchor and just live line them. Fluke, weakfish, bass and blues will take them.

First place we (wife and I) moved into, towne mews apartments.  It was cheap, 1 bedroom was like $625 per month and the neighborhood was not diverse at all.  Real quiet place.  The apartment manager at the time lived right across the cortyard.  Dude had the longest redneck mullet I seen in a long time.  The funny thing was his little 2 or 3 year old son with a matching hairdew.  Little kid with a mullet would run around the complex nude, with parents no where in sight.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

why does the mullet get its own rig? what gives?

we can't just hookem' through their eyes and bet done with it?

no good under the dorsal fin either? or through the lips?

and why two hooks?

:confused:

I'd like to hook Bellringer between the eyes

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc