In Memory of Awesome John from Istanbul, Turkey

Rate this topic

awesomeblooz

Here's a link where my brother thanks you guys on Stripers on Line for sending him some jigs followed by him sharing info on the jigs he makes.  He was so in love with fishing. I actually didn't know he made these videos and I am so happy I found them.  I feel like he is still teaching me the love of his hobby. So, hard for me to hear his voice and not be able to hug him. Painful.

Thank you for your posts, kind words and love.

Edited by awesomeblooz

Ally I too never met your brother but knew John from his posts here on SOL.I always enjoyed his posts and his passion for fishing.I havnt posted in awhile but when I saw this I just had to say Im sorry to hear John passed away.He will be missed.Sorry for your loss and its our loss too.

I never met the guy, and never knew the guy. But from what I read here, I wish that I had. :o

Gone too soon, but if there is another realm, I hope there is fishing there. Sounds like he earned it. :th:

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."

Couldn't help to have had AJ pop in the old noggin today with everything that's happening tonight.

My thoughts and prayers are being sent to his family and friends and hope the chaos spares them further grief.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

Many thanks for your heartfelt words of sympathy. The part of getting it figured out is during these kinds of times. Although I grieve for his loss, when I read everyone's comments I am celebrating the life he lived well through friends who shared the same joy for fishing as him. I am so grateful that he once showed me this forum and told me how much he enjoys the forums for discussion. You guys made his day. Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Sometimes there's so little we can do for each other. There better be surf in heaven and there better be good blues music. I'll see him. Peace.

The Great Big Jig in the Sky...Shine on you crazy diamond jig.

rsz_2aa17withhook.jpg

As I read these posts from everyone who has been touched by AJ, I can tell you that my memory of him comes every time I use the 1.5 ounce Hopkins Shorty. You see, he and I have had conversations many a times regarding this one lure. It was one that he used to continually say "If there was only one lure I had to use...... It'd be the Hopkins Shorty 1.5 oz." AJ and I had that common thought about this lure, cause it's my favorite also when the rubber meets the road, so to speak. But it was one particular way AJ liked to fish this lure and it was one he was very reluctant to reveal. He did, though, come clean during one of our conversations and explained a particular jigging motion he liked to incorporate in his retrieve that would land him fish anytime a fish was in the vicinity.

It is this lure that AJ always comes to mind when pulled from my bag.... RIP my friend!

Ally, I'm sorry for your loss and may you know that your brother is in the loving hands of his Creator now.

I am now just learning of yours brothers passing, I am in tears,  I have never conversed with him and have only read his posts and couldn't help feeling impressed by his enthusiasm. I am sorry for your loss and ours as well, his passing leaves a huge hole.

I am now just learning of yours brothers passing, I am in tears,  I have never conversed with him and have only read his posts and couldn't help feeling impressed by his enthusiasm. I am sorry for your loss and ours as well, his passing leaves a huge hole.

Thank you for your condolences and please know that you and many other gave a lot of joy to my brother because he loved fishing and found happiness making videos and conversing and writing about fishing. May the light of the universe shine on you and your loved one's as my brother rests in peace and hopefully fishing in God's heaven.