False albacore?

Rate this topic

Danmason468

I've caught them in the surf while throwing metal jigs for Spanish Mackerel. It's a real surprise when you've been catching 2-3lb fish then all of a sudden line starts screaming off your reel. Also catch a lot of them when live bait fishing for King Mackerel. You (or at least I) can tell the difference between the two because you can feel the False Albacore making a rhythmic thump thump thump on the line - don't know if it's head shaking or if it's it's tail hitting the line as it runs. Too bad you can't eat them - they make great shark bait though. 

I've caught them in the surf while throwing metal jigs for Spanish Mackerel. It's a real surprise when you've been catching 2-3lb fish then all of a sudden line starts screaming off your reel. Also catch a lot of them when live bait fishing for King Mackerel. You (or at least I) can tell the difference between the two because you can feel the False Albacore making a rhythmic thump thump thump on the line - don't know if it's head shaking or if it's it's tail hitting the line as it runs. Too bad you can't eat them - they make great shark bait though.

yea thats what ive used them for .. ive seen ppl eat thme.. i never would . You were catching spanish mackeral in nj? South jersey im guessin

cuz when you go back to catching stripers they are like reeling in wet dish rags.. 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

As mentioned late summer like September into October , metals burned quick like deadly dicks are money. Very fast schooled up fish if a group pops up in front of you that is great but don't get too caught up in chasing them up and down the beach because they will be gone or down before you know it or get there, if you know they are present stick to just keeping your lure in the water and moving it fast. Good luck.

post-787-0-50377100-1466950863.jpeg

Since i've been surf fishing since '08, I dream about catching a little tuny from the beach.  I've never been able to catch it just right... 

I hear it's the best thing to catch from the jersey shore as for fighting..

I also heard that once you real them in, they are so tired they die, is that true?