2016 Stradic Ci4+ upgrades and tuning

Rate this topic

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, Likas said:

Hello. 

I'm a new member and new owner of stradic 1000 hg. I like to upgrade my reel with all that stuff above but I'm a little bit confused where I can buy all that upgrade kit for my model. I don't now what that 0 (zero) means in model nr. 

Cheers 

I would suggest doing an internet search for a "super tuning kit" specific to your reel model... these kits come with the requisite bearings to allow for the upgrades discussed here.

Following your search you will find many available, just ensure that your reel model is listed under the item description prior to making the purchase.

LeoNYC did a great job detailing the procedures for much of this work earlier in this thread. In fact, many of these questions have since been addressed... take a look back at the earlier posts.

For what it's worth, I just finished polishing up my Stradic Ci4+ 3000FA with these upgrades and found most of the information I needed to do so right here. Thanks LeoNYC..!

If you have any other questions or concerns, I am certain they can be addressed here. Best of luck with your upgrades..! 

Edited by nordic333
spelling error

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I'm hoping to find some help with this mod as I have never modified a reel before. I have a stradic ci4+ c3000hg and I bought this 4 bearing upgrade *

Is there anything else I will need to complete this upgrade? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post links to commercial sites here - you can copy/paste the relevant information into your post but please don’t post links - thanks :-)

Super Tuning Kit

Shimano:

• Stradic CI4+ 1000HGFB, 2500HGFB, C3000HGFB

Super Tuning Kit includes:

1. Oscillating Gear (OS) bearing (1). Less effort turning the handle.
  2. Worm Shaft (WS) bearing (1).  Less effort turning the handle.
  3. Spool Shaft Support (SSS) bearing (1): Provides for an smooth even drag operation. Helps support the spool, less bending under pressure.
  4. Handle (H) bearing (1): Adds to that silky smooth feeling.

Oscillating Gear, Worm Shaft, Spool Shaft Support & Handle Ball Bearing Upgrade

This is what I purchased 

20 hours ago, Ericseed said:

Is there anything else I will need to complete this upgrade? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

If you haven‘t yet done so, I’d recommend reading through the entire thread. You will find most of what you need there.

With the exception of the Oscillating Gear bearing, all of the remaining bearings are simply straightforward swaps.

The OG bearing actually requires that you remove some material (2.5 mm, I believe) from the existing bushing and use in conjunction... I used a dremel and shaved down the bushing until they fit the space. Just be careful you don’t remove too much material.

Hope this helps.

Edited by nordic333

12 hours ago, nordic333 said:

If you haven‘t yet done so, I’d recommend reading through the entire thread. You will find most of what you need there.

With the exception of the Oscillating Gear bearing, all of the remaining bearings are simply straightforward swaps.

The OG bearing actually requires that you remove some material (2.5 mm, I believe) from the existing bushing and use in conjunction... I used a dremel and shaved down the bushing until they fit the space. Just be careful you don’t remove too much material.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Nordic! I might skip the OG bearing for now then, I'll stick with the simpler mods. I'm also going to order the shims and carbon washers! Thanks again for the help, cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I have completed most upgrades now but when going to do the spool bearing upgrade I'm having a hard time finding a .9mm torx to take the a screw out. All stores I've gone to only have larger torx. I'm sure I can find them online but I was hoping to do the upgrade before I go fishing this weekend. Any other tools that could be used in place of the torx?? Thanks for the help!

.9mm Alan head per Shimano. A tiny screwdriver or any implement that will work. You can get the .9mm Alan at any hobby store. 

Just make sure when you buy a kit online that they are selling good SS bearings. There are many sellers on ebay selling kits with junk bearings. Fast Eddies is one of them.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 0:16 PM, handi2 said:

Just make sure when you buy a kit online that they are selling good SS bearings. There are many sellers on ebay selling kits with junk bearings. Fast Eddies is one of them.

So are Fast Eddies SS bearings good or bad?

Practice, practice and more practice, and when you think you're good practice some more." circa 2006, Cadman