hwsmike

Smiley codes needed

14 posts in this topic

Would someone puhleeeeease post up the codes used to make the smileys, i know the basics, and pick up a few here and there when I use the quote function. They are not avail to me using my Pad. :(

TIA :howdy:

I'm leaving out the : before and after - here's the text

howdy :howdy:

squid :squid:

rav :rav:

b40 :b40:

cool :cool:

b :b:

eek :eek:

Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head :)

I'm leaving out the : before and after - here's the text

howdy :howdy:

squid :squid:

rav :rav:

b40 :b40:

cool :cool:

b :b:

eek :eek:

Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head :)

:th::howdy:

I figured the waving one woulda been in your top ten ;)

There are still there, click on the smiley face and a tray opens at the bottom of page, and click on arrow at the right of box and you got more. 

Back to haunt me once again. The link Asrod provided is no longer found.  At least my pics are showing upright!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike, in your post, at the top of the box you are typing in - click the :) icon - it will open up into the smilies you are looking for :read:

It works now on the phone just like the computer - you don't need to manually type the codes any longer :th:

TimS

On 9/5/2017 at 9:05 PM, TimS said:

Mike, in your post, at the top of the box you are typing in - click the :) icon - it will open up into the smilies you are looking for :read:

It works now on the phone just like the computer - you don't need to manually type the codes any longer :th:

TimS

Can we talk about the grouping? You get a few on top (last used maybe?), another 20ish below that (not sure why). To get the full gamut you need to click "Categories" and then "Emoticons".

Any reason the whole shootin' match can't show without going through the Category nonsense?

That's odd...there aren't any categories :squid:  They are all in the same directory...the same exact place...I checked the forum software, they are all under 'emoticons' - no sub-group, no sub-category. No idea why they don't all show up at once.

When I click the icon I get 21 - apparently that's the "overview" - there are 96 total...I'll see if there is some way I can change the number in the "overview".

After a bit of research, turns out this is hard coded into the java script - there's no way to change it to show all of them at once...it is supposed to show the most recent ones you used at the top - other than that, to see all of them you gotta click "category". It's kinda stupid :squid: