Stellar

Rate this topic

They have all 3 Hasselblad models of Sony bodies on extremely discounted prices. The Hasselblad version of the a99 w/24-70 is actually cheaper priced than the Sony a99 and 24/70.

I think Hasselblad is going to stop making revamped bodies as the prices they assigned for retail were absurd and why they have to discount their inventory. Hasselblad has gone through many new owners and it just is not what it once was. The medium format digital dominating that market right now is the Pentax 645d with pro and very serious amateurs(with deep pockets). Tech cameras are still sought for studio advertising stuff but usually if you see someone outdoors lugging a MF its the Pentax.

If you want to see some awesome MF images go on GetDPI and go to the medium format camera forum and look through the fun with medium format thread which is a picture thread.... Some really jaw dropping scenics there by some really talented photographers.

Lots of MF studios traded in for 35mm digital due to cost efficiency. I know Neiman Marcus did.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

It is a very nice camera and though on the RX100 form it does us a different and unique RAW formula and has some unique features and functions.

I like mine .... And it fills the area of concealable easy carry when you want a quality image but you don't want it to be obvious you are carrying a camera. Worked great in the highest murder rate country in the world for me last winter.

...keep it up JIM.  :laugh:  :p  I can't justify the RX100....but the Stellar, hmmmmmmmmm. :eek:  ;)   Christmas is coming. Eleventh commandment: Thou shall not covet thy neighbors camera.  :wag:  :beatin:  Five Hail Marys and five Our Fathers.

...fm/nj

It's just a camera FM .......... no more no less......... 

The way I look at photographic purchase's is if it make's me happy or fulfills a need or want and if it can make somethings I do easier to achieve then I research and buy. All camera's can get the job done regardless of kind or complexity. I have always in all things I have done liked using new or advanced technologies or designs. I did in in fishing, shooting, motorcycles, and even photography. It is in my nature to do this and personally enjoyable for my participation in these things. Some purchases do as anticipated occasionally a very few haven't (example Polaroid Polarvision digital video cleaned this clock, Betamax which is actually better than VHS but never had the success in the consumer market , Total Shooting System Pivot mid limb bows but it was just that it was far before its time as now most modern compound bows use some form of limb pivot). It is just part of the game playing in advanced technologies..... but I enjoy the out of the box thinking and can see it's potentials. Could I do what I do with the oldest cheapest camera I own? Yes, but not as easily.

No one NEED'S a new camera IF they already own a working camera........ BUT many do WANT new ones!!!!! :)    

Edited by Jim DE

It's just a camera FM .......... no more no less.........

No one NEED'S a new camera IF they already own a working camera........ BUT many do WANT new ones!!!!! :)    

....haha that makes me smile on this soggy day. :laugh: BTW, I'm a gadget junkie too.

...fm/nj

Hey,,,, I know the feeling..... right now I am pretty nested in with what I have and only looking for one more lens to complete my new system.

I am giving all my NEX/ E mount APC hardware to my son as it has sat since getting the new system and he is not happy with the camera and customer service he bought into a few years back. My NEX 7 still has a couple years of wall to wall coverage as do many of the lenses and he does a lot around and in the ocean and the NEX 5 has a underwater housing. This will be a turnkey full setup from 12mm up to near 500mm and macro tubes with remotes and tripod that all fits in and on a small backpack/ slingbag.He will be set for his first born when it arrives. I am somewhat sad to see it go as I have been in that system since it's release and truthfully is still a excellent tool system but am happy it will get used rather than sit.

The above will get me down digitally to 4 slt bodies (3 apc and 1 FF), the stellar P&S for pocket travel, a Canon G10 P&S in a waterproof housing for wet work, the Sigma DP2m P&S for giga pano's that lives on a Nodel Ninja and Bogen, and this new FE system which took the place of my NEX system as a hike in Scenic setup. Like golf clubs... each has it's strengths and weaknesses and are used accordingly.