Torque 5 maintenance

Jettyhound

Hello Tony - I have a Torque 5 (with bail) that has performed like a champ and is now my go-to reel, which means it doesn't get much rest.  I rinse it after most nights and that's about it.

Does PENN recommend sending Torque's in annually for evaluation and maintenance?  If so, what is the cost and where do I send it or take it to in January or February?  (I live in the Trenton, NJ area.)

Thank you,

-Bud

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Bud,

If the reel is performing normal no need to send it in, but we do recommend occasionally greasing the gears, oiling the bearings, cleaning and re-lubing the drag washers.  Sending it to us for maintenance will cost approx. $60, and that is if no parts are required to be changed.  We are about an hour from Trenton, straight shot down Route 1. 

http://www.pennfishing.com/PENN-repair-department.html

tony  

Got it.  The reel is perfoming flawlessly.  Thank you for your prompt response.  -Bud

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.