Wigeon

Official Tavern Hunting Thread....

6,802 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Flukeu626 said:

Haven’t been in the woods since the beginning of November itching to get back in. Got word from my neighbor upstate ny that DEC busted a bunch of people for baiting. Sucks to be them scumbags. 

It's horrible upstate. I'm convinced more bait then dont.

LOL, take a walk around the jersey pine forest.  Those deer live and die by the corn pile.  

Baiting is illegal in Mass, yet walk into a big box sporting goods store during deer season and you see people loading carts with multiple bags of corn. Hmmm, wonder what they are doing with all that corn, salt licks, acorn juice, etc. 

57 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

What happens when it hits a shoulder? Lol

Stuff gets destroyed. :)

but, then again, if you hit the shoulder with any rifle, it's pretty much toast anyway.  A 243, 7mm-08, 308, 30-06 through the shoulders is going to blow things up.

12 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

LOL, take a walk around the jersey pine forest.  Those deer live and die by the corn pile.  

It's the truth. Lol. Love it or hate it you have to do it at times. 

I baited a spot for Saturday's youth day (no luck), I baited it Friday. Had a camera out there. Hadn't seen a particular 8pt for over a month. Pulled the camera on Saturday evening when we left. I had put out some corn and sweet potatoes. Damned if that big 8 wasn't in there that night @ 1030 eating those taters. 

im with you, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  The amount of people who think it's the only way is amazing.  I'd get bored of looking at the same pile of corn every hunt.