Wigeon

Official Tavern Hunting Thread....

6,802 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, rockyoutdoors said:

I did something different yesterday. I purchased a NJ bow license for the first time in several years. I am usually out West hunting this time year, but not this year so I figured what the hell why not. This afternoon will be my first time out. I won't be in Kansas anymore so I will have to lower my standards to the area that I am hunting. I usually self film my hunts so hopefully I will get some video to share with you guys.

I hope you also bought some permits to go with that license. Just in case you forgot.

24 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

I hope you also bought some permits to go with that license. Just in case you forgot.

Yep I got raped by the state. I had to purchase a bow license, a extended bow license, and a buck tag. I hunt all over this country and NJ is the least friendliest state to its resident hunters that I know of. Once they figured out how to milk us hunters for money we have become another cash cow for their mismanagement of funds.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Shaky86 said:

My lady text me. 

3 deers are in the yard. 

:banghd:

I only had a few hours this morning so I decided to bowhunt MA instead of rifle hunt VT. Nice morning, zero wind and spitting snow off and on. Saw a bunch of turkeys. Just as I was going to get down a deer walked by 75 yards to the west of me. Pretty sure it was a doe (I have no permit) but couldn't tell for sure. Waited until it got completely out of sight and made sure nothing was following it. Was late so I lowered the bow to the ground and threw the seat cushion down. Took one step off the platform onto a branch and a deer hops into an opening 10 yards to my west. Absolutely no way it should've gotten there without me seeing it coming. We had a staredown for 10 minutes with me hanging on a branch. Thankfully it was a doe. Would've been no living with myself if it was a nice buck. :laugh:

It finally caught my wind and trotted off. It looked back from where it came a couple of times so I eased back into the stand and pulled the bow back up. Gave it another 10 minutes but nothing else showed. Was a half hour late for work.  :beers:

Edited by Eagles Dare
bad speler

2 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

I did something different yesterday. I purchased a NJ bow license for the first time in several years. I am usually out West hunting this time year, but not this year so I figured what the hell why not. This afternoon will be my first time out. I won't be in Kansas anymore so I will have to lower my standards to the area that I am hunting. I usually self film my hunts so hopefully I will get some video to share with you guys.

Good luck buddy 

1 hour ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Yep I got raped by the state. I had to purchase a bow license, a extended bow license, and a buck tag. I hunt all over this country and NJ is the least friendliest state to its resident hunters that I know of. Once they figured out how to milk us hunters for money we have become another cash cow for their mismanagement of funds.

For what I pay, I still come out WAY ahead in the food department.  

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

jase looks like a straight up serial killer  :laugh:

Hey.  I thought it was a good pic!

17 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

Nice, thats Phila county. 

Close , in Montco but not far from the Philadelphia county border.... not far at all actually.

3 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Good luck rocky.

3 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Good luck rocky.

8 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

My uncle got a good one today in KS.  

5417.jpeg

Nice deer, Mitchell..... notice the shot placement, center mass them and let the air out of them.... stay away from tucking it tight to the shoulder .