Should liberals celebrate Independence Day?

Rate this topic

Well, I'm sure they don't enjoy it. After all, why would they celebrate the birth of a nation founded by racist, rapist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic White men? :huh:

One great thing about Obama Care; the chronic whiners can finally afford to get that stick up their ass surgically removed! :laugh:

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."

Do liberals like Independence?  When is Collective day?  Seems more their speed.

May Day.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Do liberals like Independence?  When is Collective day?  Seems more their speed.

Liberals like independence quite well. It's youse guys who idolize Putin The Fascist (he's losing BTW).

I'm independent anyway...so I can be both liberal and conservative. You guys are stuck in an ideological corner, and it shows.

Edited by patchyfog

My neighbor is flying his new Confederate flag just below the stars and stripes.

Not many Liberals hanging around his flag pole, but it is still early.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Kind of a slap in the face if ya ask me.

Well here is another slap from me because I AM celebrating.

It's OUR nation ( that means all of us) not just yours. How arrogant of you.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Liberals like independence quite well. It's youse guys who idolize Putin The Fascist (he's losing BTW).

I'm independent anyway...so I can be both liberal and conservative. You guys are stuck in an ideological corner, and it shows.

What part of independence do you cherish, as opposed to trying to emulate Europe?

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

What a stupid question and thread.

Did you quiz family members on Obamacare yesterday as directed? Did you point out to them that some people told lies about Obamacare and that they should be shunned and ridiculed in public for doing so? PLEASE don't tell me you shirk the duties on this most important day

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand