Waders under $100

Rate this topic

Rookee

I was temped to get those myself when I saw them on sale at an "Ollies" store in MD for $50. I recommend the same as you...

I own a pair of Patagonia that I paid over $500 for & purchased the these for a back up pair..

I wear these most of the time now !!

Can't go wrong.

Alex

I was temped to get those myself when I saw them on sale at an "Ollies" store in MD for $50. I recommend the same as you...

I own a pair of Patagonia that I paid over $500 for & purchased the these for a back up pair..

Can't go wrong.

Alex

Can't go wrong.

Cabelas now calls their house brand Herters; they're the same ones they've always had. THEY ARE THE "THREE FORKS" label. Cheap and sturdy.

Only downside is that they're not breathable but they seem to last longer than all others I've had. The LL Beans have the a good warranty but they've gotten much more expensive and don't stay leak-free for nearly as long.

Do you have to get boots to go with those?

Yes you do, but if youre on a total budget yet want to fish ........and going to be fishing in somewhat sandy surroundings.......... you can get by with a pair of high top sneakers one size or half size larger than you ordinarily wear.

Edited by Vermonter

Cabelas now calls their house brand Herters; they're the same ones they've always had. THEY ARE THE "THREE FORKS" label. Cheap and sturdy.

Only downside is that they're not breathable but they seem to last longer than all others I've had. The LL Beans have the a good warranty but they've gotten much more expensive and don't stay leak-free for nearly as long.

I absolutely agree with you. An excellent value for about 80 bucks.  I buy two pair and beat the heck out of them.

I probably walk 3 miles, three x a week over rocks with them and they hold up usually for a season and a half...very comfortable,too. 

They can get a little hot at times when the weather is very warm.  The upside is that even though they are not too insulated, I wear them in cold weather and they are just fine.

And  If I put a hook through them,I don't sweat it too much for $80,the perfect throw away waders.