Grip studs question..

Rate this topic

CcCstriper89

Have any of you replaced the terrible push in style studs on your Korker Rocktrax sandals with grip studs?

I have already seen and heard plenty of great things about them so I am not really concerned with their quality; just more so if the korkers will take them and hold them any better than the push in studs if new holes are drilled.

At this time I don't want to put them into a pair of boots because I take my sandals on and off depending where I go. I also have a pair of the omnitrax korker boots I where with them because the interchangeable soles pretty much suck.

The Best Day to go fishing is any day that ends in Y

I have grip studs in felt boots.  They are even better than anything you may have read. like velcro and dig right though bible weed. However I do not think they would work as replacement studs for the Korker Sandals,  Holes may be too big for the augurs on the studs to dig into, You may want to end up with felt boots with the grip studs and the Omnitrax with felt

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking that they wouldn't work well with the sandals. I realized after using the korkers for a while that they were not supposed to be for saltwater use. Got them cheap didnt know they had a seperate model. Pretty much every stud popped out and or collapsed after a few boulder fields.

? They arent made for saltwater? Whats the difference between the two models? I just bought the rocktrax

Casttrax have threaded, replaceable studs. Rocktrax have press in studs. The casttrax are about $20 more, I think.

I'm very happy with mine. I have bootfoot waders. The soles are too thin to receive gripstuds IMO. I'm happy I went with the korkers for the fact I can remove them. I know a few of us have heard of complaints about guys walking on public boards with studded boots. No good.

My rocktrax lost almost every stud in about 4 trips; two to Cuttyhunk and two to Block Island. For what its worth I decided to glue my omnitrax soles to my redsides so they can't break or fall off(hopefully). Now I am screwing in the grip studs.

I Will be on Cuttyhunk next weekend. I will report back with good or bad results for anybody interested.