Need some bluefish help

Rate this topic

Hello I just started surf fishing this year and want to catch some blues in the surf. I have had some luck with them in the bay earlier in the season but recently have been getting skunked. I tried acouple spots in Nomoco  but didnt get any. Is a certain tide better than others?? Any help would be awesome. Also I am just using lures.

Blues are very hit or miss and can be hard to pin down.

An easy way to do it is to put a bait rod out there with bunker. The blues come around and you'll know.

Reel in the bait rod, release the fish and start throwing plugs

Higher tides have always been better for me for blues.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

I had my biggest one yet on my first cast on my last outing. As the sun and tide dropped fish where close to shore, when the tide was dead low they were out past the sandbar. The previous outing It was reversed go figure lol Pick out a few locations within reasonable driving distance for you. Fish each one until you find something. Or go to a location with plenty of shore access and work the beach.

you want to catch a bluefish?

just keep casting a lure with hooks on it. :th:

move around some. that's about it. daylight is better than night.

they aren't picky or scarce. :bucktooth:

lol you make it sound so easy. I might try tomorrow and will try walking the beach. Will report back.