BEWARE AS*HOLE BOATERS

Rate this topic

JBreese1

Atlantic Highlands municipal marina has turned boat launching into a spectator sport.

It's true......they sit in the bleachers and the judges award points.

They always love it when we launch her at the start of the season, especially when we back her into the water, hit the brakes and off she goes....a beautiful thing.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Unreal. Karma is a beach. It would be a shame if someone accidentally cast an 8oz pyramid through his hull.

Probably on his way to Tices.

I've often had fantasies of going seal with an underwater drill after finding out where the idiot docks.

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

Hey guys, I cant be much help in I.D.ing the butt hole. I saw it [the wave from his wake] and turned my back. The boat was just a generic center console in the 18' to 20' range, no T top. It has a blueish/ grey outboard. Possibly Yammy or Suzuki. There were 3 clowns aboard. I dont think he intentionally swamped us. I think he was just ignorant of what kind of wake coming in hot and then stopping his boat suddenly would create that close to shore. I think he had fish fever after seeing the bent rod and was going to park right on top of where the only fish in the entire river were. Again an  ignorant move !!!   After we all started yelling i think he realized what he had done and decided it would be a good idea to leave. Just a first class douche bag in every way.

Jim

Hey guys, I cant be much help in I.D.ing the butt hole. I saw it [the wave from his wake] and turned my back. The boat was just a generic center console in the 18' to 20' range, no T top. It has a blueish/ grey outboard. Possibly Yammy or Suzuki. There were 3 clowns aboard. I dont think he intentionally swamped us. I think he was just ignorant of what kind of wake coming in hot and then stopping his boat suddenly would create that close to shore. I think he had fish fever after seeing the bent rod and was going to park right on top of where the only fish in the entire river were. Again an  ignorant move !!!   After we all started yelling i think he realized what he had done and decided it would be a good idea to leave. Just a first class **** bag in every way.

Jim

We already sent out a posse to string this guy up, we can't stop now. 

Atlantic Highlands municipal marina has turned boat launching into a spectator sport.

It's been that way for at least 3 decades.  On sunday mornings 20 years ago there were bleachers right next to the boat launch. I saw everything from fist fights to divorce between 9am and 11 am on most Sundays.  A couple of kids started rating the screw ups with signs from 1 to 10 plus applause.

Edited by RJ

It's been that way for at least 3 decades.  On sunday mornings 20 years ago there were bleachers right next to the boat launch. I saw everything from fist fights to divorce between 9am and 11 am on most Sundays.  A couple of kids started rating the screw ups with signs from 1 to 10 plus applause.

the best I ever saw was October 1993.....a guy launched his boat AND truck from the Shark River ramp....the whole rig floated off the ramp and the pickup truck sank in about eight feet of water. To top it off, the truck had rolled over his foot and broke it. Poor dude was hopping around in physical and financial pain as a big line of boats waited to launch. Needless to say, they had to find another place to launch.

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

Spent most of my life in a power boat and not a kayak. Even from a boater's perspective (not a kayak), there have been far too many a holes out on the water. Has always been the case. The head boat captains who should know better are just as bad sometimes vs the guys who swamped you in their center console....because they KNOW what kind of wake their boat will make and yet they still do it because they feel they have more of a right to the water than you do because this is a business to them and they are out there every day. 

The law says that a vessel under power shall yield to and shall not endanger a vessel that is not under power or is stationary. This means that even if you are drifting in your kayak in a channel, the larger vessel still needs to slow down and not create a giant wake causing you to potentially tip over. 

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

3 years ago in N. Wildwood these 2 guys were pulling out. One dude still sitting in the boat says to the other guy "make sure you lock the winch". Truck pulls forward, boat on trailer coming out, trailer clears water on ramp, winch not locked, boat looked like it was suspended in midair as the trailer rolled out from underneath it, then dropped straight down on the concrete ramp (guy still sitting in it) while his buddy drove for another 30 ft.. My brother is dying of laughter and i can't believe i actually just watched that happen.

Last year in Avalon i watched a guy pull out his boat and as he drove straight he slows down, gets out of the his chevy trailblazer to check the trailer. Dumb@$$ forgot to put the car in park, Now he's running and sticking 1 foot into the cab trying to hit a pedal while hopping on the other leg to keep up with the car. The crack of the split-post fence that stopped him was priceless.  

Spent most of my life in a power boat and not a kayak. Even from a boater's perspective (not a kayak), there have been far too many a holes out on the water. Has always been the case. The head boat captains who should know better are just as bad sometimes vs the guys who swamped you in their center console....because they KNOW what kind of wake their boat will make and yet they still do it because they feel they have more of a right to the water than you do because this is a business to them and they are out there every day. 

The law says that a vessel under power shall yield to and shall not endanger a vessel that is not under power or is stationary. This means that even if you are drifting in your kayak in a channel, the larger vessel still needs to slow down and not create a giant wake causing you to potentially tip over. 

Nobody should be drifting in a channel... in a kayak or anything else.  Channels are for travel.