Any News Of Mackerel?

Rate this topic

BrianBM

Stopped down at my marina on Saturday, and the owner told me that he heard that some showed up off Fire Island and were still there for the weekend.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

If I ever had the odd million to spend on a very speculative investment, I'd put a big catamaran partyboat in, at Captree or somewhere near FI Inlet.  Rent good Captains, let'em bring their own GPS device with their own proprietary numbers. I can't run a boat, but I sure as hell could do a better job of promoting my business than most of them.

All I want is fifty pounds of spike mackerel, rolled in kosher salt and tucked away in the bottom of a freezer.  Such a little thing  ....

Edited by BrianBM

If I ever had the odd million to spend on a very speculative investment, I'd put a big catamaran partyboat in, at Captree or somewhere near FI Inlet.  Rent good Captains, let'em bring their own GPS device with their own proprietary numbers. I can't run a boat, but I sure as hell could do a better job of promoting my business than most of them.

All I want is fifty pounds of spike mackerel, rolled in kosher salt and tucked away in the bottom of a freezer.  Such a little thing  ....

But you don't understand.  It's the regulations that are killing 'em, not a lack of business acumen.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams