NYIsles55

St Croix Triumph Surf Vs Mojo Surf

51 posts in this topic

Mojo surf all the way. Have had quite a few now over the years, have never been failed. Working retail, I see a lot more triumphs come back with issues.

I'd spend the extra on the 10'6" mojo.  I've fished with both the triumph and the mojo.  IMO the 10'6" mojo is the most versatile of the choices.  Its a better made rod and you'll apppriactd the performace compared to a triumph.     

didn't read the entire thread but apples and oranges no?

triumph is a fast rod, iirc..?

comparing a fast versus a slow rod....

I have both a 10'6" Mojos and an 8' Triumph and I only use the Mojos when I am casting big lures and want to get them way out there. I feel like the Triumph has better action and you can feel the fish better on the Triumph. Like other people have said the Mojos is a more ridged rod then the Triumph. Also the Mojos is significantly heavier then the Triumph so if you care about the rod weight and are like me, I prefer a lighter rod when you are casting it all day long. If you are just getting into surf casting for the difference in money I would recommend the Triumph.

Both my 9' and 10' Triumphs been around awhile.  Liked em a lot. Especially the 10' . Plenty big fish past it's rating.  Never snapped in half like a mojo.  There extras for the kids now and they are putting them to good use.