Fishing Group?

Rate this topic

DeepCastMike

Hey all,

Im thinking about joining or making up a fishing team in nj. Just for fun our team will be doing bbq's, fishing the NJ coast, events etc. This is something I been wanting to do for awhile and think this year I will be. Message me if your interested.

welp looks like we lost another 1.. 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

I have been thinking about the same thing that last couple years as well.  I love the social aspect for one and I have also thought about the team aspect for entering fishing contests like those year long ones.  I fish hard usually on the water in some capacity 3-4 days a week sometimes more and am very productive.   The only thing that would get in my way is that weekends are tight for me -  I'm most flexible during the week but I'd still like to try and make something work either way so keep me informed.  

Mike

theres more than a few clubs already you could join. and they do all kinds of events like this

Hey JerseyBuddah,

Yea I see that, im just debating what to do. I would like to start one but part of me rather join one. IM a casual fisherman.. usually 2-3 times a week if I can.  from march-dec

theres more than a few clubs already you could join. and they do all kinds of events like this

If it's any of the ones I know local to me I don't think I could join even though its the easiest thing to do as they are already organized.   The problem is I don't subscribe to the local clubs thinking in general and find they are just as much a part of the reason we are seeing a decline in the striped bass fishery.  They are tournament happy and don't generally practice C&R.    So I'd rather fish among a much smaller group of guys whose thinking is alongside mine then join a existing group who go against my think conservative thoughts.   Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't keep fish just don't do it to bath yourself in the glory of club standings.   

If it's any of the ones I know local to me I don't think I could join even though its the easiest thing to do as they are already organized.   The problem is I don't subscribe to the local clubs thinking in general and find they are just as much a part of the reason we are seeing a decline in the striped bass fishery.  They are tournament happy and don't generally practice C&R.    So I'd rather fish among a much smaller group of guys whose thinking is alongside mine then join a existing group who go against my think conservative thoughts.   Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't keep fish just don't do it to bath yourself in the glory of club standings.   

Berkeley striper club is and has been running c&r tourneys for several years

Berkeley striper club is and has been running c&r tourneys for several years

Of the local clubs this would be the one I would join but on a good day it's an hour away from me.  It's just too far to consider as a viable option -  I'd rather go fishing with that time.