Anything Going On In The Western Sound Yet?

Rate this topic

Got out there yesterday. Unharrassed spotty bunker around all day. I live lined a bunch, but there were no takers. Threw some rubber and small stuff shallow and trolled some stickbaits and deep divers, Nada.

post-17167-0-65383800-1430960011_thumb.jpg

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Splashed my boat Friday and fished Saturday afternoon. Western Suffolk County. NS.

Live lined a bunker for a while without a sniff.

Switched over to fly and light tackle. I took three schoolies on a chart/white Clouser in 5' of water. A micro and two others 24&26". Son took another on a silver/black rapala.

Lots of bunker but scattered and not packed yet.

My friend went out Tuesday from Stamford Ct. and caught one 28 inch and one schoolie bass trolling bunker spoons. I saw the pics and he is an honest guy so I believe it's an accurate report. I don't know where he fished though

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common

One or two shorts per trip so far. Spotty bunker at City Island last week, no bunker around Rye today in the fog. Just a short on a Bomber.

post-17167-0-81223400-1432069389_thumb.jpg

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.