Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2015

Rate this topic

luckyOC

You all see the reports from down south? Sounds like a large number of puppies are now in the 30-35" range. Good news as far as Im concerned.

But does that really translate to seeing them show up here locally?

In my opinion it doesn't mean much. They always have puppy drum down there. We had a couple good years when they showed up out of nowhere and by last year they were essentially non-existent again on Delmarva unless you fished southern Northampton County.

But if the lack of pups means the bulls show up again thsi year like they did last year, then keep those little fish to the south!  :)

Fished C&R portion of Maryland ... I got the skunk, but there were a number of 18-22 inchers caught, along with a 22lber.  I was mostly there to try out the new big stick.  Definitely was going long, but not sure if it was on account of the stick or the 30mph winds at my back  :wee:

Edited by Bob fishhead Sproul

Fished C&R portion of Maryland ... I got the skunk, but there were a number of 18-22 inchers caught, along with a 22lber.  I was mostly there to try out the new big stick.  Definitely was going long, but not sure if it was on account of the stick or the 30mph winds at my back  :wee:

Great meeting you today Bob. Always cool to meet someone from the forum  :howdy:

Woke up this morning at 6:00 am, looked outside and NO WIND - so I decided to break the long winter's fishing drought. I grabbed the frozen bunker and squid from the freezer and headed for the beach.

Lines in the water at 7:00 am on Fenwick Island. Beautiful morning, had a few hits on the squid (but no hookups) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Curious observation: dead (but fresh) bunker were washing up on the beach. Saw about 20 and half of them were missing large chunks from their backs. It looked like the remains of a bluefish massacre, but the water is only 41-43 degrees. I think it's still too cold for blues, so I'm puzzled.

Well I now have the first beach venture completed, but I'm afraid I have acquired the odor of skunk........

I'll be in Chestertown, MD, either pre or post Mother's Day & would like to fish some of the local ocean beaches.

Any suggestions & what MD and/or DE restrictions for us out-of-stater's - I'm NY ???

Thanks All

Morone Saxatilis... God put them in the Surf to take them, not in the freaking boat!

sorry not a report but you all talking about the run of puppy drum in 2013 still gets me pumped, I would love to see a few in that 30"-35" range show up this year.

Just yesterday I was going through some old video and put one together of casting for pups in Chincoteague that fall.  52 reds in 2 days all on light tackle.  I dont think it will ever be that good again....

Check it out