And So It Begins...

Rate this topic

bido

As we all know this project is nothing more than a way to waste the tax payers money, and to grease a handfull of corrupt politians pockets from the kickbacks of this travesty.It has been going on now for so many years it is hard to count,we have have all seen  that the money spent on any of these projects does not work.All of this sand goes north to sandy hook, and has nothing but destroy what was once a great shore area for the fisherman of New jersey.

We all will have to make do and to change our strategy to make fishing better for each of us.

Just my 2 cents.

CORRECT !! but crooked pollies, don't care, they line their pockets with money, its a joke, notching of jetties, there is an old saying "DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK, THEN TELL ME ITS RAINING",,,,,,,,Jersey pollies just plain suck - Butch N.

A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

a whole generation of surf guys in N.J. won't have a clue about gaffs and korkers. Don't worry though, even the ACOE can't stop the ocean. Eventually it will all come back, in about half a century, sooner if the cash cow dies.

A whole generation of surf guys in NJ won't have a clue about what it's like to catch bass. The NJ coast used to be studded with jetties from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May point. Aside from inlets, they're gone along with irreplaceable habitat that kept fish around. All we have now is an underwater wasteland. Fork, they're even doing beach replenshiment in Raritan Bay. It never ceases to amaze me how mass destruction of saltwater habitat is permitted.

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

“I’m pleased that the Army Corps is moving forward with this important investment that will help to protect homes and businesses along the Jersey Shore from future flooding and repair the destruction caused by Sandy,” Pallone said in a prepared release. “Our beaches are a fundamental part of life here on the shore, both for residents to enjoy and also to drive tourism. I have fought for this and other beach replenishment projects for years because I know how important they are to protect some of our most fragile coastal infrastructure.”

And in this stretch of Deal and Elberon, how many homes were significantly damaged by Sandy (a once in 700 year storm) - not counting the one where the guy left all the windows and doors open

Was it.... 3 ?

Typical political BS statement from Pallone.  Those homes in Deal fared very well after Sandy.....  

And even if they had took a bigger hit, I'd gather to think the owners are better prepared financially to fix those summer homes then the numerous folks I knew who lost their home completely down in Lavallette and folks up in UB. 

To waste all that money on that stretch of beach for homes that have a sea wall and faired as well as they did is criminal.  Plus as Sudsy mentioned those particular homes faired pretty darn well after a "700 year storm".

Looks like more fresh water fishing is in store....