TheKnot

Every day carry knives

828 posts in this topic

I don't know if this Kershaw Ken Onion spring assisted knife has been mentioned yet but it is worthy. Springs open and locks with one hand which can save you if you are dragged overboard. The serrated section cuts through anything fast. Knurled handle doesn't slip. Tanto point made to penetrate. Takes and holds an edge easily. belt clip adapts to either side. Model 1670TBLKST.  Retail $60 +/-

100_7164.JPG

100_7165.JPG

100_7166.JPG

100_7168.JPG

My everyday beater.. I forged it from a 1950's wood clamp. High carbon old school. The handle is egg carton pressed with West System. I use this knife for most tasks

image.jpg

its a good skinner seaweed

maybe just a tad less pointy tip and thats it

I mostly use a Dewalt tanto-point folding work knife because when it gets ruined using it as a prybar etc. in a pinch I can replace it on the work account.  

Otherwise my EDC is a byrd Cara Cara II.  Clean, sturdy piece that holds a good edge and isn't obtrusive in the pocket when reaching in for cash etc. and a fraction of the price of a Spyderco.    

3 hours ago, glos said:

its a good skinner seaweed

maybe just a tad less pointy tip and thats it

Thanks !! I don't do much forge stuff  but I made a couple of attempts . 

My fave edc knife is my ZT 0620cf

Before that it was my Benchmade 940 (Frankensteined with an old 942 body and 940 blade)

My brother makes custom folders and the one he made for me is slicker than any knife I have ever seen. 

Check him out on Instagram. MorrishMade 

This has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. I found it in some of my uncles stuff after he passed away.

edc.jpg

1 hour ago, DAQ said:

This has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. I found it in some of my uncles stuff after he passed away.

USA made Schrade. That's a nice knife right there. And a wonderful keepsake too.

If you can't get it done with that, you might as well stay on the porch :)

11 hours ago, torotoro said:

image.jpg

Carried one of those things in my back pocket about 50yrs ago. Got it mail order from Popular mechanics or something I think. Westbury sales maybe??  Very thin all metal knife. Might even still have it around somewhere. Black Cat

On 4/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, TMorrish said:

My fave edc knife is my ZT 0620cf

Before that it was my Benchmade 940 (Frankensteined with an old 942 body and 940 blade)

My brother makes custom folders and the one he made for me is slicker than any knife I have ever seen. 

Check him out on Instagram. MorrishMade 

I’d be pushing hard for more knives from your brother if I were you!  Those are SICK!  

My my brother worked in a facility that produced finely milled titanium and other exotic metal parts for insanely expensive things.  One of them was TAD Dauntless knives which are really expensive.  He ended up building one from factory production line parts, and it’s the only one I’ve ever seen w/o a serial number.  I received it when he passed away and I still have it.  

Posted (edited)

Went to a yard sale and found this Kershaw Black Gulch. It's made in Japan.

20180326_205324.jpg

Edited by joetackle