TheKnot

Every day carry knives

828 posts in this topic

My EDC is a Benchmade Mel Pardue design which I was able to get pre-production, also have the same knife in auto. Some others include an auto Hubertus criss, auto damascus and my fave, a custom James Bros auto blood groove. This is something that can become a very expensive habit, makes buying Stella's, VS's and ZB's pedestrian. Maybe some pics later.

My benchmade 710 sees the most pocket time but also use the opinel 8 stainless, benchmage griptilian, esse izula, and buck 110 a fair ammount. The opinels by far out of everything I have worked with sharpens up the best with the buck 110 in a close second followed by anything of 154cm steel. All get the 6000 grit waterstone followed by a balsa strop.

Ol faithful. Been living in my pocket for quite awhile now. Gets use for something every day. Loose scews, open brews, pilot holes, cut cigars etc. got many nicer knives but this one is a true companion 1830963

do you know why some swiss army knives are black ?

there are many color choices besides the traditional red

I used to have a Leatherman Super tool. One of the very original Super tools. I absolutly loved it. The idea of having a functional set of needle nosed pliers along with a very solid blade/tool locking system was a nice touch.

However, I felt that, as far as multi-tools go, the Gerber Multi tools had the best pliers on them.

Shoot, I could cut a penny in half with the wire cutters on a Gerber.

So here is a pic of what I carry.

Very simple, super duper sharp, and very versatile. I open beer bottles, dice up bait fish into chunks for bait, cut my nails, etc......  

1000 I have a ton of knives my dad and I used to have a small knife business ... From many dollars to just a few bucks .... But lately this has been my favorite ... Slim ,long enough blade, sharp and of course retro cool I tend to lean towards the all time classics ... And you don't know it's in your pocket also carry one in lunchbox to work .

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark d View Post

do you know why some swiss army knives are black ?

Educate us..  My father gave me a black one when I was 10y.o. for Christmas.  What's the difference?