TheKnot

Every day carry knives

817 posts in this topic

1000i have one of these on me at all times, the top 2 are helle and the bottom is a classic buck. B4 you go this guy is nuts, I trap fish for a living and I have made the mistake once. Of not paying attention to the trawl line panning out and was pulled over. That buck saved my life, luckily we were fishing inshore 30ft and I was able to get to it and cut my bibs and boot off.

Nice blades boys Thanks for sharing . My pop always had a swiss army knife in his pocket until he died . Here's some of my bucks three in the middle stay home just because i like the way they look the other 2 get lots of play.1830239

I also have a fixed blade buck in my truck the first ever Knife purchase with my own money at 17. It's still razor sharpe 35 yr's later

Nothing fancy here but I love my trusty and feather light Opinel #9.

It slices through taught 40lb braid with just a light touch, and sliced through bunker all day long when I forgot my bait knife. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well too. 

And all this for about $15!

Benchmade Mini Griptilian is my EDC. This one has a custom color handle and my initials set inside and a fish hook laser etched on the blade.

Nothing fancy here but I love my trusty and feather light Opinel #9.

It slices through taught 40lb braid with just a light touch, and sliced through bunker all day long when I forgot my bait knife. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well too. 

And all this for about $15!

With the twink-lock on the handle? Those are a staple in many European countries.

Ahhhhh the other hobby…

Went to the night table and grabbed the rotation.

Clockwise from the SAK Alox Farmer, Great Eastern Stag Toothpick 1095 steel, Case yellow bare head slim line trapper in CV steel, Queen Econoline Toothpick in 1095, and last but most definitely not least my PJ Tomes MS single blade trapper 12C27 stainless, with it's stingray slip sheath above it.

5favpocketknives-1_zps4269c424.jpg

There are others...

:D

Swiss army knife... victorinox. One of the very few where the phillips head screwdriver comes out the end... like a normal screwdriver. They last me around 7-10 years before I lose one. I think I'm on my fourth one since about 1980. Use it everday. Naked without it. The only thing that the leatherman would give me is the pliers.Useful occassionally but i carry a needlenose vise grip iny man bag...so no real nees

SAK... Ultimate usefulness and compact size for easy carry. The benchmades, etc, are nice to look at but I don't get into knife fights and don't skin many moose.

Ahhhhh the other hobby…

Went to the night table and grabbed the rotation.

Clockwise from the SAK Alox Farmer, Great Eastern Stag Toothpick 1095 steel, Case yellow bare head slim line trapper in CV steel, Queen Econoline Toothpick in 1095, and last but most definitely not least my PJ Tomes MS single blade trapper 12C27 stainless, with it's stingray slip sheath above it.

5favpocketknives-1_zps4269c424.jpg

There are others...

:D

Do tell where we can get a stingray skin sheath!!

Gerber 22-41531 Presto 3.5 Serrated Edge Assisted Opening Knife

Holds an insanely sharp edge and only $44 - great bang for the buck and not made in China

(Well sorta not made in China, made in Taiwan)

1000i have one of these on me at all times, the top 2 are helle and the bottom is a classic buck. B4 you go this guy is nuts, I trap fish for a living and I have made the mistake once. Of not paying attention to the trawl line panning out and was pulled over. That buck saved my life, luckily we were fishing inshore 30ft and I was able to get to it and cut my bibs and boot off.
glad that buck was with you,,home is on your hip!

H-H