SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

3,775 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Albycor said:

Couple small bass and my first ever legal Butt from the surf.  26 inches.  Hit a swarter at my feet.  Got to watch him swirl on it.

47CFD23C-8636-484A-9BBA-B6BECF677620.jpeg

SICK!!!!!!

Great job dude!!

: )

Sincerely,

Jim

4 hours ago, BigJimSpearo said:

Hit a swarter at my feet

Plug burn! Not ever day you get a good butt swat.

untitled.png

Way to go people--lots of nice fish being caught. I'm going to load up the car right NOW.

Posted (edited)

Been fishing hard this weekend & took off Mon & Tues for my B-day. In Monterey Bay striper have been consistent with fish ranging from undersized to about 6-8 lbs average and they are happily eating topwater plugs, small swimbaits, & SP minnow 13 & other smaller sized lipped baits. I caught a few on each outing, releasing most, but did keep a couple 5-6lbers for the fridge and dinner table.

Yesterday for my birthday and my son's last day of freedom before starting public school, we got up early and fished together. My son out fished me for the first time, of what I hope are many times ahead, landing 13 perch, the biggest of which gave him a run for his money on his ultra light trout ugly stick. My son was test fishing the Mann Z Crusteaz (finally got a hold of a pack) and they got the thumbs up from my son & the perch. I however was able to raise a nice striper right at dawn, exploded on the plug the second it hit the water, but shook off before landing and was the last fish for me all morning. Even though I came up empty yesterday, watching my son cast, reel, hook and land fish all by himself was more fun and exciting than any fish I could have hooked.

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Linesideslayer

1 hour ago, Linesideslayer said:

Been fishing hard this weekend & took off Mon & Tues for my B-day. In Monterey Bay striper have been consistent with fish ranging from undersized to about 6-8 lbs average and they are happily eating topwater plugs, small swimbaits, & SP minnow 13 & other smaller sized lipped baits. I caught a few on each outing, releasing most, but did keep a couple 5-6lbers for the fridge and dinner table.

Yesterday for my birthday and my son's last day of freedom before starting public school, we got up early and fished together. My son out fished me for the first time, of what I hope are many times ahead, landing 13 perch, the biggest of which gave him a run for his money on his ultra light trout ugly stick. My son was test fishing the Mann Z Crusteaz (finally got a hold of a pack) and they got the thumbs up from my son & the perch. I however was able to raise a nice striper right at dawn, exploded on the plug the second it hit the water, but shook off before landing and was the last fish for me all morning. Even though I came up empty yesterday, watching my son cast, reel, hook and land fish all by himself was more fun and exciting than any fish I could have hooked.

thumbnail?appId=YahooMailNeo&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

Love when the little guys get into fishing...Real cool...

Butch

11 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

thumbnail.jpg

Great to see you passing along the family tradition.  BTW, I can't seem to find the smaller size 13 SP locally.  Would you mind telling me where you got yours?

7 hours ago, bass11 said:

Great to see you passing along the family tradition.  BTW, I can't seem to find the smaller size 13 SP locally.  Would you mind telling me where you got yours?

Amazon

On 8/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, Linesideslayer said:

Great report--thanks! I'm a big fan of the Crusteaz for perch. Those are some nice fat barperch. I'm gonna fish that morning tide this weekend.