Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

21 hours ago, SaltWaterRooky said:

LOL! At least something is biting right now.

Salmon are biting on the rivers, just got to get out there, I will be on the water tomorrow, will report back later. I sadly have thrown in the towel for surf fishing, took down the wall-O-lures & put them away and pulled out the duck decoys, it's hunting season!

1 hour ago, Linesideslayer said:

Salmon are biting on the rivers, just got to get out there, I will be on the water tomorrow, will report back later. I sadly have thrown in the towel for surf fishing, took down the wall-O-lures & put them away and pulled out the duck decoys, it's hunting season!

I haven't been on the surf in months! I got tired of catching dinks or getting skunked.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:19 AM, manmadeballs said:

Tried for salmon last weekend for 6 hrs for nada. Only seen 4 fish landed. Salmon season might be coming to a close in my neck of the woods

They are still around, but have to agree not as many willing fish in the river as there was a few weeks ago, I was able to coax this 23lber onto a spinner. Actually site cast to her right after she sounded on a bar. The Bradley is going full smoke in the backyard and round red pearls of salty caviar jars are glistening in the fridge. I also embarrassingly got stuck in river mud at one point during the day and was glad my buddies were with me to get me out, if I was alone I would have had water over my waders for sure & two stuck boots in the muck in four feet of water to get myself out. Dangers of fishing lurk everywhere got to be careful and use buddy system when possible! Good news is if the salmon are tailing out, means the Steelhead won't be far behind...get out and fish hard!  

IMG950418.jpg

10 hours ago, manmadeballs said:

WOW beautiful looking fish. Nice and chrome. Glad to see they all don’t look like zombie. May have to come up there next weekend. Dungeness crab opening day was a bust for me. Hit the beach at least 20 undersize crabs and no keepers. 

Hit up hmb today was a very nice day.got limit for 2 on 6" TO 6 1/2" crabs..big rock fish  was't eating,only small one were hitting but change different lures and techniques and killed 4 good size lings and 2 monster cabs.

20171105_174211.jpg

20171105_174519.jpg

20171105_211349.jpg

20171105_114519.jpg

On 11/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, Linesideslayer said:

They are still around, but have to agree not as many willing fish in the river as there was a few weeks ago, I was able to coax this 23lber onto a spinner. Actually site cast to her right after she sounded on a bar. The Bradley is going full smoke in the backyard and round red pearls of salty caviar jars are glistening in the fridge. I also embarrassingly got stuck in river mud at one point during the day and was glad my buddies were with me to get me out, if I was alone I would have had water over my waders for sure & two stuck boots in the muck in four feet of water to get myself out. Dangers of fishing lurk everywhere got to be careful and use buddy system when possible! Good news is if the salmon are tailing out, means the Steelhead won't be far behind...get out and fish hard!  

IMG950418.jpg

What a hawg!! Way to go man. The best eating there is. 

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught. 

Good to see some fish being caught, even if not in the surf. I couldn't wait any longer for shoulder healing, went northward today and found a pocket of small, hungry surf perch. Using Berkeley sand worms on Carolina rig-- landed and released 21 perch, about half and half of barred and walleyes, with two calico in the mix. Cold as heck today, 43 degrees with a breeze. But hey... the tug is the drug. Tight lines yall.

Edited by Uncle Stu

19 mins ago, Uncle Stu said:

The best eating there is. 

I wouldn't say that. Best eating there is, would be the same fish out of the ocean, but once they hit that fresh water the meat just is not the same greasy goodness and tends to taste a little like mud. No matter how chrome or red/orange/pink the meat is, it never compares to king salmon steaks fresh from the ocean. That said, I smoke them all, I have tried them every which way with the best quality meat with poor results. The Caviar is easy to make and although does not keep long, in my house it never expires, as it is consumed before it has a chance.  

On 11/5/2017 at 9:34 PM, MontaukDreams said:

Hit up hmb today was a very nice day.got limit for 2 on 6" TO 6 1/2" crabs..big rock fish  was't eating,only small one were hitting but change different lures and techniques and killed 4 good size lings and 2 monster cabs.

20171105_174211.jpg

20171105_174519.jpg

20171105_211349.jpg

20171105_114519.jpg

Dam great haul. I need a boat or even better make friends with boat owners lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 0:11 PM, Linesideslayer said:

I wouldn't say that. Best eating there is, would be the same fish out of the ocean, but once they hit that fresh water the meat just is not the same greasy goodness and tends to taste a little like mud. No matter how chrome or red/orange/pink the meat is, it never compares to king salmon steaks fresh from the ocean. That said, I smoke them all, I have tried them every which way with the best quality meat with poor results. The Caviar is easy to make and although does not keep long, in my house it never expires, as it is consumed before it has a chance.  

+1 on the salmon caviar. we love that stuff around my house.