SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

3,359 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SaltWaterRooky said:

Are any of you having any luck at t he beaches around SF Bay Area lately? Out seems like no one is catching in the surf.

Caught about 5 shakers 14 to 16 inches a few days ago at san mateo beach while fishing for perch.havn't seen anyone pull up cows lately..

Heading to the American this weekend to duke it out as well. Nice fish MMBalls! Appears to be a female? Caviar, yum!

Back from Sac. Hooked up one salmon early in the morning, but after a 10 min fight, the hook popped off before I could land it. Later in the afternoon after trying a few different locations and different tactics, got a second opportunity and was able to land the fish. Was great to be on the river and had a real great time with old friends.

12 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Back from Sac. Hooked up one salmon early in the morning, but after a 10 min fight, the hook popped off before I could land it. Later in the afternoon after trying a few different locations and different tactics, got a second opportunity and was able to land the fish. Was great to be on the river and had a real great time with old friends.

Nice to hear you got 1. Were u flossin or throwing spinners??

7 hours ago, manmadeballs said:

Nice to hear you got 1. Were u flossin or throwing spinners??

Both. Had better luck flossin, but did see fish caught on spinners. My tennis elbow is still healing and didn't want to over due it casting. Hope to get back up there is a couple weeks. Nice fish!

2 hours ago, MontaukDreams said:

How many pound of line were you using?

Had 20# test that day and everybody was outcasting me. Yanked that stuff off as soon as I got home and respooled with 12#