OBX Piers - "How To Fish CHART for Newbies ! ! !

Rate this topic

ez2cdave

For those of you who are new to Outer Banks pier fishing or are teaching someone how to fish an OBX pier, this CHART is for you . . . ENJOY ! ! !

http://www.southernshores.com/sites/default/files/what%20fish%20can%20you%20catch%20on%20a%20pier.png

"Fishing is our Handshake, our Language. A Heritage that binds us together. A Passage our fathers took. A Journey that lasts a lifetime, that we have begun again with our sons and daughters." George "Gowge" Pope

Looks like some great info.  I hope to try that out in a few weeks lol

Have a great trip . . . Tight Lines ! ! !

"Fishing is our Handshake, our Language. A Heritage that binds us together. A Passage our fathers took. A Journey that lasts a lifetime, that we have begun again with our sons and daughters." George "Gowge" Pope

Plankers...:kook:

PIERS 4 EVER ! ! !

I'm spending a week in Corolla starting Saturday 7/19. What's the closest pier to Corolla. I'm bringing my gear for the surf also, hope to do well. :)

Probably KITTY HAWK Pier . . . BUT, I suggest NAGS HEAD Pier . . .

Do a GOOGLE search for "twsbaitandtackle" for RELIABLE Pier Reports ( NEVER trust the ones from the PIERS themselves - They only want "bodies on the boards" $$$ )

What about Sheepshead?? I know enough to fish close to the pilings, but what zone do they live in?? Caught a couple last year on Sand fleas...Tasty little buggers, and hard to catch.

Going to Indian Beach NC, fishing the pier in Emerald Isle....In August...Not the best time for fishing, but all I need is 1 dinner for the week.

• 4 weeks later...
What size gear do you need to fish from the pier?

Without joking or being "smart", it really depends on the Species of fish that you're after.

Basically, anything from 8# - 80# test is used, with 12# - 25# probably being the most common line wt. range ( Monofilament ).