Justinfish

Any good reports?

4,069 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2017 at 6:44 PM, Bmawds said:

Never fished the canal, and after the horror stories from this year I honestly don’t know if I ever will. I can understand the allure of wanting to catch big fish, but I’d much rather get as far from the crowd as possible and grind for even one small fish. I’d rather learn how to consistently catch fish, or at least better my chances by learning, than just go the east route and catch a few big fish in a manor that occurred this year. And for what? Bragging rights? Only to go back to not catching anything once the fish move because you’re a **** fisherman? I don’t get it

You DO get it :howdy:

Last week there were plenty of daytime rat blitzes. Finally they got a bit bigger an early this week I found a pile of small keepers chasing pnuts. Biggest fish though may have been 34-36". All while the sun was up

Posted (edited)

Several times last weekend worked hard and came up with a micro...and no more.  How can you hit a micro and not have a hundred others around? Im catching the same lone micro all weekend?  Things are extremely bad when you're annoyed that there's only one micro.

Edited by blackdogfish

7 hours ago, woodbuggger21 said:

I found a pile of small keepers chasing pnuts. Biggest fish though may have been 34-36".

cow

7 hours ago, blackdogfish said:

Several times last weekend worked hard and came up with a micro...and no more.  How can you hit a micro and not have a hundred others around? Im catching the same lone micro all weekend?  Things are extremely bad when you're annoyed that there's only one micro.

Last week a lone 14" scrapper grabbed my epoxy jig when I was lifting it out through the jetty wash. 

I was pleased.