Best cheesesteak place in Philly?

Rate this topic

pricise10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxBeetle View Post

Just finished. Best cheesesteak I ever had in Philly. Chipotle fries were good, too.

I saw a picture of Jim's steaks in this thread. That place is a tourist trap. I would need to eat three of Jim's flavorless steaks for a meal. This is way better. And one and a fries is about enough for lunch.

Glad you went there Ax, me and Pete are cheesesteak guys, we know food!! Next time you're down this way let's us know, I had too many things to do or I would have joined ya! 

"Candide et constanter"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firinne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxBeetle View Post

Just finished. Best cheesesteak I ever had in Philly. Chipotle fries were good, too.

I saw a picture of Jim's steaks in this thread. That place is a tourist trap. I would need to eat three of Jim's flavorless steaks for a meal. This is way better. And one and a fries is about enough for lunch.

Glad you went there Ax, me and Pete are cheesesteak guys, we know food!! Next time you're down this way let's us know, I had too many things to do or I would have joined ya! 

For sure. My truck was in the shop. Its not a big deal for me to hop on 95 and pull in to Tony Lukes.

Elverson! I freaking grew up in Elverson. I didn't know anybody ever heard of the town. I used to skate out drink of that place. Talk about a flash back!

Philly, I'm not far from there, work in the area a lot. I grew up in Glenmoore. Wrights deli in Eagle used to have awesome steaks too.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried cheese steaks around this area my entire life. I liked Pats very much before the time that they tried the francise. The quality never was the same after that.They still have the best cherry peppers I ever had.

The best I ever had was from a place in Clifton Heights called Losta Pasta. They used Angus beef. They knew how to work the spatula shredding while they cooked. Great Italian roll and you could get it with long hots and roasted garlic. Some fresh extra sharp provolone and it was just amazing. Even the mushrooms & onions were cooked to perfection.

I turned a lot of people on to those and NOBODY ever said they had a better steak sandwich (and these were people who loved cheese steaks).

Miss that place.