pricise10

Best cheesesteak place in Philly?

178 posts in this topic

Or you could skip a cheesesteak and get the Nicks special from Nicks charcoal pit. Filet mignon with provolone and broccoli rab 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 4:34 PM, PhilCVG said:

 

I looked back and couldn't find it, what was your cheesesteak vote?

 

For a different, but good chicken wing - Dagwoods Pub in their special sauce. 

 

I don't have one I live in philly.  You need to understand there are so many different styles and each have their place. I took fishes to joes   ask him about that.  the bread is just as important as the meat one thing about philly is the water makes the bread unique 

 

these are the places i take people

Joes steaks - any cheese steak

Johns roast pork - any sandwich they are all sick

Jims on south street - a chopped steak with a buttery taste

pats  - sliced steak 

Nicks original at 21 st and jackson.  roast beef  combo on the outs, maybe overboard and gravy fries

Steves prince  american whip cheese steak with pepperoni

 

i also appreciate chubbys and delesandros

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazybellringer said:

 

I don't have one I live in philly.  You need to understand there are so many different styles and each have their place. I took fishes to joes   ask him about that.  the bread is just as important as the meat one thing about philly is the water makes the bread unique 

 

these are the places i take people

Joes steaks - any cheese steak

Johns roast pork - any sandwich they are all sick

Jims on south street - a chopped steak with a buttery taste

pats  - sliced steak 

Nicks original at 21 st and jackson.  roast beef  combo on the outs, maybe overboard and gravy fries

Steves prince  american whip cheese steak with pepperoni

 

i also appreciate chubbys and delesandros

I will also throw a shout out to the ale house in white marsh for a roast beef.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Philly 

 

1. Dalesandro's

2. Jim's

3. Pats

 

for whatever reason my favorite are Whitehouse Subs in AC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nfd27 said:

In Philly 

 

1. Dalesandro's

2. Jim's

3. Pats

 

for whatever reason my favorite are Whitehouse Subs in AC.

+1. Can't beat a Pat's heart attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mama's in Bala Cynwyd.  I never got the attraction to Roxborough cheesesteaks like Chubbies and Delasandros.  They make 300 at a time.  Yours was probably made a couple days ago when you order.  Mama's is small, fresh and still family owned.  They are closed on Sunday (and Monday's) for god and family time.  Cant go wrong with an original'  IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, crazybellringer said:

 I took fishes to joes   ask him about that.  the bread is just as important as the meat one thing about philly is the water makes the bread unique 

 

 

 

 

 

Joes......:bigeyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 0:52 PM, nfd27 said:

In Philly 

 

1. Dalesandro's

2. Jim's

3. Pats

 

for whatever reason my favorite are Whitehouse Subs in AC.

I always liked Jim's myself...... Last time there Me and couple buddies were there late , banged up a bit , and I ordered and ate 2 steaks.The guy behind me ate 3 steaks with extra meat. Incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AlwaysWading said:

I always liked Jim's myself...... Last time there Me and couple buddies were there late , banged up a bit , and I ordered and ate 2 steaks.The guy behind me ate 3 steaks with extra meat. Incredible. 

Not sure what it is with Jim's but one steak isn't filling enough. But at the same time I could never imagine eating a second steak at any other places listed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why this thread took 12 pages of responses.  The first answer should have been Jim's... no need for additional debate after that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which Jim's ? There are four of em owned by two different familys. The original one is on N 63rd St in West Philadelphia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim's on South St is terrible.  Not sure if they still do, but used to put the cheese onto the roll and then add the meat.  Cheese would soak into the roll and the meat would be dry.  Maybe it's changed.  Sonnys over on Market gets my vote followed by Johns Roast Pork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.