Tfisher

Random

31,028 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, mickrazz said:

I tip the guys who carry in my new fridge, I tip the guy who puts my new kitchen table together after delivery, I tip my mail girl and my garbage men. Wait staff get 20/25% unless they are horibble. 

I will not give any mate all the pool money..not even half..i already have to give slacks and tony 1/3 if we're all together. The mate will get part of the pool after my split with the boys.

I tip the barber when I go.

I used to tip Slacker when I went on his boat..especially when I lost the new drift sock. So i forgot to tie it off...no big deal. 

I agree with this with the exception of the mail person or garbage man. That’s too much tipping. Maybe holiday tip for those workers once a year. 

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

It is so humid down here tonight that I "frosted" an empty glass by carrying it from inside the house into the garage.  

frost.jpg.5f864b70d12b23d48b4c05c9e0e02013.jpg

What is that pennant behind the cool heddon sign, I can’t quite make it out.

1 hour ago, Humboldt Squid said:

I agree with this with the exception of the mail person or garbage man. That’s too much tipping. Maybe holiday tip for those workers once a year. 

Garbage and mail is a holiday thing. The garbage guys used to be town employees where I live and we know most of them by name so we always tipped pretty good I guess. They privatized it a couple of  years ago . I’m not sure that she tips them anymore. Mail lady holiday for sure.

I do tend to over tip when I am not sure of protocol.

16 hours ago, Slacker said:

I haven't had a single problem since, but it is still a PITA because now I don't trust it to start.  I pick parking spots that will make for an easy tow job.  I leave a "float plan" - and have to stick to it - because some of the places I go have no cell service.  I don't want to drive the thing more than 30-40 miles from home.  I idle it at the gas pump and car wash.  

I hear ya about not trusting it.  Float plan is a good idea.  Probably a good idea anytime , regardless of vehicle reliability.

I bought the wife a new Escape in 2001.  Before we hit the one year of ownership mark, she went to start it one morning and it wouldn't start.  Starter engaged, engine turned, but wouldn't run.  Dealership takes it back, keeps it for 3 days.  Couldn't replicate or diagnose the issue.  We kept the car another 14 years, never had the issue again.

One of the vessels I buy for, just received new reefer containers, and just came out of dry dock.

Paint looks good for now.

6-13-18_Pasha Hawaii Receives New Refrigerated Containers_Nick_Souza_2.jpg

Obvious photoshop.

The real ship has a bunch of used stuff on board, and the salesman and your guy on the boat are pocketing the difference :wag: 

On 6/12/2018 at 0:46 PM, Slacker said:

If you want to send a message, you have to do 0% tip and make a comment.  Otherwise, they just think you are just another cheap tourist that doesn't get the "mate tip culture".

I tip them all and all about the same... 20-30%.  And I have been browbeat into the "give them a huge chunk of the pool" thing.  Mickrazz gets his half... and then the mate gets his half of my half and usually money on top plus the standard $20 tog party boat tip that the mate gets for showing up that day... I walk away with more in my pocket when the MP wins the pool than when I do.

And that is why "all in" would just be easier... look at all that math you eliminate.  One time I did all that math... forgot to give Snaps his cut... and had to pony up another $30 the next time I saw him, just to keep that Kharmic scales in balance.

You suck at math. Give the mate his hunk of the pool first, then split what's left with the MP.

1 hour ago, Snaps said:

One of the vessels I buy for, just received new reefer containers, and just came out of dry dock.

Paint looks good for now.

6-13-18_Pasha Hawaii Receives New Refrigerated Containers_Nick_Souza_2.jpg

You can fit a helluva lot of reefer in them containers. 

Where are you shipping it to?

17 mins ago, Mike said:

You suck at math. Give the mate his hunk of the pool first, then split what's left with the MP.

That's not how it works.  Ask the MP.

6 hours ago, Snaps said:

LOL it makes for good content. The kids get a chuckle out if it, and we spoke on the phone more then once. Ill call you just to break the ice.

There's no ice... it is the middle of June.  

You think I stiffed you for $30.  I don't think so and am willing to pay you $30 to agree with me.  Send me your address.

20 mins ago, Mike said:

For the first time in a while, I agree with Y.

2 mins ago, Slacker said:

Duke4web.jpg.a420bce9725e4b287a04dc19a89b8445.jpg

Tony snaps is still there? He looks comfy now. Don’t think he’s going anywhere.