Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

I like yuppie artichoke dip... JB Winberries in Princeton... artichoke dip with pita chips and a cold draft beer, served at the bar, on a snowy winter day... delightful.

Stuffed artichoke is good. Artichoke hearts in salads are good. Just woke from a nap I can’t believe it was quiet enough for a hour nap. Feel worse 

"Whoopsy Daisy"

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

I like yuppie artichoke dip... JB Winberries in Princeton... artichoke dip with pita chips and a cold draft beer, served at the bar, on a snowy winter day... delightful.

My neighbor Josie makes artichoke pie, OMG delicious, been eating for lunch.

Edited by Snaps

I'm gonna be eating an Omaha Steaks chicken fried steak in about an hour.  It might not be edible... we will see.  But they were just sitting there in the freezer, so might as well move them along 'cause they aren't gonna get any better tasting.

Dinners on the company dime on Monday and Tuesday... Monday - Puleo's Grille in Knoxville TN, Tuesday - The Chop House in Kodak TN.

Hunting season officially ends on 2/28... for me it ended yesterday, when I decided not to go.  Hunting barrel is off; and the "you should have picked a different house" barrel is going back on. 

Now, I am working up my 2018 hunting acquisition wish list (otherwise, I will forget about hunting altogether and be right back at zero next Fall)... still kicking around that air rifle (it's gonna happen) and now toying with the idea of a Browning pump in 28 gauge (odds of that one happening are a lot lower... can't sit at the counter and buy it... getting one would require "shopping"... ugh.)

I think Spring is just about here.  Everyday for the next 10 days has highs in the 60s and 70s.  There is a possibility of floating the pool toy tomorrow on the little lake... maybe... there's been a lot of rain - that ain't great.

7 hours ago, Humboldt Squid said:

That’s why people stream for free using kodi. They are fed up with cable co. I pay $130 a month for fios tv internet and I don’t even get ESPN and a bunch of other channels. 

Kodi is usually used on a hot box, and if one is using that set up, one shld also pay, for a VPN virtual private network, so NO ONE can see what one is doing.

See the nasdaq is up, thķats why you diversify.

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

Can you expense your internet service to your job?  If they were willing to set up an offsite office, I would think they'd cover your internet tab.

I have the cable company's DVR... it is integrated into the cable box.  Also have the streaming thing, for Netflix.

I have thought about cutting the cord.  The TV is only on probably 5-6 hours a week; used to be a cable news slave, but realized that I don't give a rats ass about Kirsten Powers opinion on the proposed bill for opening drilling in ANWAR... haven't seen a talking head show in about 18 months.  Used to watch the zombies, too, but got sick of it.  Now, there really are no "shows" that I watch.

But there are those times when you want the never ending weather loop...right now, I have it babysitting the dogs on a dark, dank, rainy morning - it zones them right out.  And then there are sports... I'm not a junkie, but I do check in on most of the Reds games for a couple innings, on the Predators for a period, watch loads of the NCAA tournament, late rounds at Wimbledon.  And I watch a fair amount of PBS... American Experience is great... watch a little Nova and the PBS News Hour... probably could pull that off an antenna.

It's just easier to write the check than to figure out a bunch of workarounds for what I want to see... but if times got tough, the TV would be on the chopping block very early on... as it is, we are down to 1 TV in the house - that saves maybe $10-15 a month in box charge.  But if it came to that, I would dump the whole thing... cable, internet, phone... and just do it all - sparingly - on the cell phone.  The silver lining would be reading more books and less blather... but blather is fun and I'm good at it.

Cable companies know the deal.  That is what the whole net neutrality thing is really all about.  If they can't make money selling TV service, they will make money by charging more for you to be able to stream someone else's TV service. 

I xont know if theh will pay have to find out , I wouldnt be surprised,  if google came along and offered Internet.

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

We used to be able to expense half of our internet tab... it was $30 a month for me.  The ended it last year while at the same time adding a policy allowing employees traveling for business to bill up to $20 for lunch without a receipt.  So, now instead of getting $30 a month for internet, I get about $120 in lunch reimbursements... and I don't eat lunch.  LOL.

It was more "chicken fried" than it was "steak".  It was edible.  I wouldn't recommend buying it (and I didn't), but it was OK enough for me not to throw out the other one in the freezer.  Wife wants Chipotle tomorrow... ugh... Monday night really can't get here soon enough.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Hunting barrel is off; and the "you should have picked a different house" barrel is going back on.

Lol. I like that description.

Dropped the missus off at a lecture this morning, so I had a couple hours to kill. Wandered along the Hudson, then checked out some of the mountain lakes. Picked her up, and we went to see Black Panther, which was pretty good. Ran some errands, and back home. Now there's 2-3" of snow on the ground. Back to back 60+ degree days next week. The pool toy or solo skiff will be hitting the water.

20180217_111007.thumb.jpg.ba40358e2101a983df5e00d38da7b455.jpg

20180217_111357.thumb.jpg.809a91d40f5d2a77768512aa45a333a1.jpg20180217_102150.thumb.jpg.9f6e0ce8a71aa8ad30ebf7e405e953f2.jpg20180217_103848.thumb.jpg.8d9adad334b8a18e334349c480f8b2d1.jpg20180217_194419.thumb.jpg.77aba4f4cbadd54c7dfd968ee09b60aa.jpg

• Mike pinned this topic