Collecting Eel Skins (Wood)

TheRealTheRick

I'm, starting this thread for some help.  I'm interested in builders (no longer in business and still producing) that have made a wooden eel skin plug.  I don't have a good handle on the older plugs and hope/know I'm missing some of the builders still producing.  Thanks for looking.

Still Producing: BM, CCW, Lordship, Afterhours, GRS, Lex Lures, Mike Fixter, Surf Asylum 

No Longer Producing: Capt' Andy (old stock), Lupo, Masterlure, Pichney, Greenpoint, BC, Tatoo, Greenpoint, JnSki, Stan Kuzia/John Gibbs, Blue Streak Tackle, Eeb Lure, Steve Sylver AKA Capesams 

You can cross off as still producing Greenpoint,BC and for the most part Tattoo.. Both Kevin ( GreenPoint) along with Corey & Brian ( BC) have not turned any plugs over the last couple years and Mike ( Tattoo's Tackle) I believe sold the Name to a new owner but I have not seen any new product yet, but could be wrong..

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIGHT STRIKES View Post

You can cross off as still producing Greenpoint,BC and for the most part Tattoo.. Both Kevin ( GreenPoint) along with Corey & Brian ( BC) have not turned any plugs over the last couple years and Mike ( Tattoo's Tackle) I believe sold the Name to a new owner but I have not seen any new product yet, but could be wrong..

Steve

Thanks Steve, updated first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameson View Post

John (jnski) is making lures again?

I was under the impression that he stopped building.

Jc

Noted, and thank you.  I added another name and it may be one of the hardest to find/collect.  Its the Stan Kuzia/John Gibbs collaboration.  Giant Eel Skin needle.  11 total made.  I was re-reading some older issues of Surfcaster's Journal and saw a pic of 2.

Noted, and thank you.  I added another name and it may be one of the hardest to find/collect.  Its the Stan Kuzia/John Gibbs collaboration.  Giant Eel Skin needle.  11 total made.  I was re-reading some older issues of Surfcaster's Journal and saw a pic of 2.

Good luck with your search - the ones you are talking about are mine - picture attached - even though they made 11 - I only know of 3 in collections and 2 are mine - sorry they are not going anywhere. Stan Kuzia told me these were the only two colors John Gibbs painted them in. These I had Stan sign a couple years a go when he showed up at the SWLCC show in Bourne Mass. These are 11 inches long. The white needle in the picture is an early Silent George Needlefish