DIY Stripping Basket - final product

Rate this topic

HillTop

Not that it's a big deal but if anyone wants copies of the cutting templates I generated PM my your e-mail and I'll send you off copies.   (PDF format).

HillTop

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew C. View Post

Is that a Valentine?

yes.

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

Are they your templates for the cut outs ?

Hi Jrzfly,

Yes, something I came up with to fit the 18 quart dishpan. I laid it out with a basic CAD program to evenly space them on the bottom of the pan.

HT

Florist water tubes also make good cones for a stripping basket. They're available at florist supply shops and online stores and they're about a dime each. They come in different sizes -- some come with a sharp point for sticking in soil -- the round ones are probably best -- as in this photo. The ones I've used fit tightly in a 1/2" hole. I use "Goop" adhesive applied to the bottom of the basket to glue the tubes in.

Thanks hilltop you've saved me some search time.  I showed your basket to my brother and now he wants me to build him one. very nice design. the cones allow for a smooth release of the line. The Hilltop stripping basket

Outstanding Hilltop.

pmoeller is absolutely right. This should carry your name and be referred to as The "Hilltop Stripping Basket" A great adaptation of style and function.

:th::th::th::th::th::clap::wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoeller1 View Post

Thanks hilltop you've saved me some search time.  I showed your basket to my brother and now he wants me to build him one. very nice design. the cones allow for a smooth release of the line. The Hilltop stripping basket

Thanks everyone for your comments and compliments, much appreciated.

Today I dropped my basket by a local esteemed fly shop to ask their opinion for fit and function since they have had significant experience with other available baskets.   They promised to give it a good workout.  Who knows, should this be something that is well received I may launch a small commercial venture as an alternative for those who don't care to build their own but who don't want to pay the $$ for the higher end units currently available.   I have resources available to allow me to automate this somewhat.

(don't worry Tim,  if I do I'll move my discussions over to the BST forum)

Thanks,

HillTop

• 1 month later...

Outstanding Hilltop.

pmoeller is absolutely right. This should carry your name and be referred to as The "Hilltop Stripping Basket" A great adaptation of style and function.

:th::th::th::th::th::clap::wave:

With the renewed discussion this thread needs to move back tothe top of the FF Forum. It has my vote to be a perminant header on

FFF!

The pictures make it so easy to follow the building process.