Fishing in NJ for October, 2013

Rate this topic

Spigola

Yah on Beach Erosion. I saw a spot covered about 3 weeks ago getting the big wave bite this mornnig near Sea Bright. NNE winds are pushing water hard tothe beach in Choppy wave sets.

Might get that structure back before November. Lions and tigers and Bears, Oh My!

My buddy and I went out last night at midnight around the SPZ and the surf was a joke. High winds and very rough surf caused us to end the night really early, got a dog on bunker and that was the only kind of action to be found. Went out this morning and it was worse then last night, wind didnt improve at all. Swung by the inlet to see how bad the current was and they're a few people out on the jetti getting swamped by rollers. I spoke to some guy and he said alot of the charter boats canceled today and tomorrow and some more then others for the rest of the week. Looks like this weather is gonna be crappy the rest of the week, hopefully itll get better by sunday morning when i head back out

i tried throwing some SP's and some deadly dicks but nothing seemed to be running right in the wash and from how bad the wind was.

-rich

Ain't no party like a striper partybeers.gif

As usual met my buddy early to start in the dark. Surf was big with the winds cranking making it impossible to throw anything but metal from the beach. Walked about 30 yds out on the jetty and was able to get a SP out far enough to get some action. A few bumps and then a fair size blue! Had enough of getting it in the face! Saw two other blues caught this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Africaster View Post

Based on the assumption that the conditions are not conducive to catching, do you:

a. Go out anyway for the fresh air, exercise, solitude, love of the sport, Bd's above ..... OR ....

b. Not go because the odds of catching are slim to nothing.

I suppose it depends on your state of mind/stage of life - neither are right or wrong.

I say if you don't go, you don't know.  I drive a long way too, and I'm always asking myself this question.  October through Dec, I just go unless I know it's def bad conditions.

They're gettin' worse..........be careful.

RSS NOAA News Releases

RSS Current Watches, Warnings & Advisories for NJ Issued by National Weather Service

Coastal Flood Statement issued October 09 at 3:55PM EDT until October 10 at 3:00PM EDT by NWSOctober 9, 2013

...INCREASING THREAT OF MINOR COASTAL FLOODING THURSDAY... * LOCATIONS...COASTLINE AROUND […]

Coastal Flood Advisory issued October 09 at 3:41PM EDT until October 10 at 4:00PM EDT by NWSOctober 9, 2013

.THIS LONG DURATION NOR`EASTER IS IN THE PROCESS OF PRODUCING ROUGH CONDITIONS ALONG THE A […]

Highlands, NJ

October 9, 2013, 5:11 PM

Mostly cloudy

Mostly cloudy

65°F

real feel: 58°F

current pressure: 30 in

wind speed: 16 mph ENE

wind gusts: 20 mph

sunrise: 7:01

sunset: 18:25

44065 Entrance Bouy Conditions

Station 44065 - New York Harbor Entrance - 15 NM SE of Breezy Point , NYOctober 9, 2013

October 9, 2013 4:50 pm EDT Location: 40.369N 73.703W Wind Direction: ENE (60°) Wind Speed: 21.4 knots Wind Gust: 27.2 knots Atmospheric Pressure: 30.29 in (1025.9 mb) Pressure Tendency: -0.03 in (-0.9 mb) Air Temperature: 61.3°F (16.3°C) Water Temperature: 65.5°F (18.6°C) […]

SDHN4 Sandy Hook, NJ Conditions

Station SDHN4 - 8531680 - Sandy Hook, NJOctober 9, 2013

October 9, 2013 4:36 pm EDT Location: 40.467N 74.01W Air Temperature: 61.5°F (16.4°C) Water Temperature: 66.9°F (19.4°C)

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

They're gettin' worse..........be careful.

RSS NOAA News Releases

RSS Current Watches, Warnings & Advisories for NJ Issued by National Weather Service

Coastal Flood Statement issued October 09 at 3:55PM EDT until October 10 at 3:00PM EDT by NWSOctober 9, 2013

...INCREASING THREAT OF MINOR COASTAL FLOODING THURSDAY... * LOCATIONS...COASTLINE AROUND […]

Coastal Flood Advisory issued October 09 at 3:41PM EDT until October 10 at 4:00PM EDT by NWSOctober 9, 2013

.THIS LONG DURATION NOR`EASTER IS IN THE PROCESS OF PRODUCING ROUGH CONDITIONS ALONG THE A […]

Highlands, NJ

October 9, 2013, 5:11 PM

Mostly cloudy

Mostly cloudy

65°F

real feel: 58°F

current pressure: 30 in

wind speed: 16 mph ENE

wind gusts: 20 mph

sunrise: 7:01

sunset: 18:25

44065 Entrance Bouy Conditions

Station 44065 - New York Harbor Entrance - 15 NM SE of Breezy Point , NYOctober 9, 2013

October 9, 2013 4:50 pm EDT Location: 40.369N 73.703W Wind Direction: ENE (60°) Wind Speed: 21.4 knots Wind Gust: 27.2 knots Atmospheric Pressure: 30.29 in (1025.9 mb) Pressure Tendency: -0.03 in (-0.9 mb) Air Temperature: 61.3°F (16.3°C) Water Temperature: 65.5°F (18.6°C) […]

SDHN4 Sandy Hook, NJ Conditions

Station SDHN4 - 8531680 - Sandy Hook, NJOctober 9, 2013

October 9, 2013 4:36 pm EDT Location: 40.467N 74.01W Air Temperature: 61.5°F (16.4°C) Water Temperature: 66.9°F (19.4°C)

Yip , canned tomorrows early morning RB launch, rather go a couple of times a week than once tomorrow.

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

The ocean is unfishable. Just so you know.

Catching are we!!!!

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

Just back from the Zone and things are going down hill. Water is just starting to get a bit dirty, but lots of cabbage and the wind has to be 10 mph stronger then this morning. I would not head out there tonight. Will give it another look in the morning an hour or two after low water, unless there is a driving rain.